What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You make amps, right?
*lamps

OIP.M8h8WSaqeXRibdbvV02xfgHaE7

TheRam

Coach
I think you’re cherry picking. She is either a respected scholar or she’s not.

I am not saying that desertification is not an actual phenomenon, but to deny the existence of anthropogenic climate change is not what science says is true. Indeed they are intrinsically linked.

“We found that, between 1982 and 2015, 6% of the world’s drylands underwent desertification driven by unsustainable land use practices compounded by anthropogenic climate change. Despite an average global greening, anthropogenic climate change has degraded 12.6% (5.43 million km2) of drylands, contributing to desertification and affecting 213 million people, 93% of who live in developing economies.”

Cause of desertification. Climate variation and human activities are two main causes of desertification according to the convention. Here, human activity mainly refers to the unreasonable use of natural resources for the development of human civilizations, for urbanization, industrialization and wars. In fact, most scholars maintain that human activity has been the greatest factor affecting desertification since the first human societies formed. However, the question remains as to what role climate variation (or climate change) has and what role drought has during land desertification. These problems are still important to both academics and to human society as a whole, especially since the extreme drought in the Sahel occurred. Indeed, following the United Nations conventions on climate change and biological diversity, more scholars have been encouraged to focus on climate change, drought and desertification.

OK well even if we believed this nonsense here is the solution. Not Carbon trading schemes that will change nothing but only make more money for the rich or stop cheap and economical base power that will only kill millions in the end. Also notice how little Australia contributes to world Co2 levels. So if you are backing the 'lets stop all fossil fuels' models without a real base power alternative, you are just playing into the hands of the elite that are using you as their dumb sucker to boost their wealth even further while everyone else will go without.

Why would anyone think carbon trading schemes which are just another get rich scheme for the rich and a complete stop to all the proven power technologies that will only ruin our economies and starve the third world even further be the solution? Frankly if you believe that and are an advocate of that, you are a heartless pri*k and very, very selfish. The earth loves carbon, always has and always will. Currently we are starving it to death. So lets regenerate our lands and fields and put all that carbon where it belongs, back into the soil. Like I said, to listen to the pollies, corporations and elites, is to be carrying their water and very stupid and inhumane behaviour. Carbon is the solution not the problem. Put it back into the soils and watch our planet grow green again.

Hey that could make for a really good slogan. Make Our Planet Green Again. MOPGA! Or Make Earth Green Again. MEGA!
Which one do you think is best? Probably the 2nd one, right?

Watch from the 12:40 mins on.

Gronk

Staff member
OK well even if we believed this nonsense here is the solution. Not Carbon trading schemes that will change nothing but only make more money for the rich or stop cheap and economical base power that will only kill millions in the end. Also notice how little Australia contributes to world Co2 levels. So if you are backing the 'lets stop all fossil fuels' models without a real base power alternative, you are just playing into the hands of the elite that are using you as their dumb sucker to boost their wealth even further while everyone else will go without.

Why would anyone think carbon trading schemes which are just another get rich scheme for the rich and a complete stop to all the proven power technologies that will only ruin our economies and starve the third world even further be the solution? Frankly if you believe that and are an advocate of that, you are a heartless pri*k and very, very selfish. The earth loves carbon, always has and always will. Currently we are starving it to death. So lets regenerate our lands and fields and put all that carbon where it belongs, back into the soil. Like I said, to listen to the pollies, corporations and elites, is to be carrying their water and very stupid and inhumane behaviour. Carbon is the solution not the problem. Put it back into the soils and watch our planet grow green again.

Hey that could make for a really good slogan. Make Our Planet Green Again. MOPGA! Or Make Earth Green Again. MEGA!
Which one do you think is best? Probably the 2nd one, right?

Watch from the 12:40 mins on.

OK so instead of saying that the concept of a price on carbon is bonkers without any explanation, perhaps we can start here. Explain why Australia's emissions went south during the ETS and when Abbott came in and celebrated the dismantling of the ETS, it immediately went north ?

1653269719728.png

What I find weird is that you ^^^ are banging on about how we are starving the land of carbon, yet the very nature of an ETS encourages this very thing.

"In this (2012 ETS) scheme “credits” could only be obtained in two ways: via the Carbon Farming Initiative where Australian farmers were paid to maintain their land as carbon sinks, and by already possessing credit from participation in the Kyoto Protocols. The scheme was limited to Scope 1 emissions (combustion of fuels, fugitive, industrial & landfill emissions) and wouldn’t be applied to fuel, though small changes were made to fuel excise and tax credits in a bid to price pollution from transportation. And, most importantly, the scheme worked. In its three years of operation Australian carbon emissions fell significantly as high-emitting entities changed their behaviour."

parra pete

Referee
A petrol station in Wagga was trying to increase its sales so the owner put up a sign saying "Free Sex with Fill-up."
Soon a local wagga-ite pulled in, filled his tank, and then asked for his free sex. The owner told him pick a number from 1 to 10, if he guessed correctly, he would get his free sex.
Thebloke then guessed 8, the proprietor said, "You were close. The number was 7. Sorry, no sex this time."
A week later, the same bloke, along with a mate pulled in for a fill-up, again he asked for his free sex. The proprietor again gave him the same story, and asked him to guess the correct number.
The bloke guessed 2 this time, again the proprietor said, "Sorry, it was 3. You were close, but no free sex this time."
As they were driving away, his mate said to him, "I think that game is rigged and he doesn't really give away free sex."
Bloke replied, "No it ain't Billy, it's not rigged. My wife won two weeks in a row

Yes. What is great about these is they are the highest quality parts and if anything breaks it is repairable. Not a throw away item. I'm basicaly saving the planet. Unlike most things made these days. A 50 cent part blows and the cost to repair isn't worth it.

I built this for Dad for his birthday. Beautifully isn't it.

View attachment 61976

This is my personal baby

View attachment 61977

They're pretty cool. The last time I owned an amp it was old Peavey with a tube power amp, and hideous phaser and reverb functions.

Latest posts