What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm not using an add blocker and can't either

I'd say HJ is most likely joined a cult. Let's hope he isn't being sodomised by the leader

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not using an ad blocker and I can't @ HJ either. Maybe it's an Admin privilege thing, same as being able to read PM's etc etc...

it shouldn't be but it works for others, not sure about your fascination with admin reading PMs though

why the f**k would we ? assuming we could

strider

Post Whore
maybe it's this

View attachment 90675

certain priviliges are lost with ad blockers and maybe that is one, its built into the software so I not fully conversant with which actuall priviliges are blocked
Well i can @ anyone else and it pops up suggestions .... and its not case sensitive ... and other people seem unable to too

So the ad blocker theory seems off the mark

Maybe you should ponder who can @ HJ and have him come up as a suggestion and see if there is a pattern there.

Btw. I leave the ad blocker on now for LU because the ad experience on my tablet became so terrible that it was almost impossible to type a post on this forum and see wtf you are typing. Im cool with ads making the world go round, but if it becomes impracticle then f**k it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well i can @ anyone else and it pops up suggestions .... and its not case sensitive ... and other people seem unable to too

So the ad blocker theory seems off the mark

then I don't know, sorry

Btw. I leave the ad blocker on now for LU because the ad experience on my tablet became so terrible that it was almost impossible to type a post on this forum and see wtf you are typing. Im cool with ads making the world go round, but if it becomes impracticle then f**k it.

we have "limited" control over the ads but if you have issues and you can report them here, then we can fix the problem

we need the feedback from people with different devices and platforms so we can fix the problem

strider

Post Whore
ftr we can't read PMs.

I laid a bait for the cookers and conspiracy theorists when asked if mods could read PMs, and I responded by saying Mods cant and left it for the conspiracy theorists to assume that admin could and 1 person took the bait hook line and sinker

never assume
The old, i was only kidding, backtrack

It is possible to see peoples conversations via addons. And there is the ability to login as the user too, hence see/do whatever they do. ... and then at the end of the day its just text in a database that people who have access can write queries to find anything.

Its far from ridiculous to suggest its possible.

PMs arent even named "private" on this software .... they are called "conversations" .... maybe theres a reason for that

strider

Post Whore
then I don't know, sorry

we have "limited" control over the ads but if you have issues and you can report them here, then we can fix the problem

we need the feedback from people with different devices and platforms so we can fix the problem
Well i never complained or asked for an explanation or anything .... i just wondered where HJ went and why he never pops up now ....... maybe some setting on his account or something