What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
Goodbye Bluefest. It's been a nice 35yrs but you really needed to have stronger line ups to survive.

hindy111

Post Whore
From 102,000 attendees in 2022, Bluesfest in 2024 slumped to just 60,000 through the turnstiles, highlighting the cost-of-living challenge for promoters following big rises in interest rates and inflation.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It's only half an hour from my place and I've never been once, you're right, their line ups are average.

It was a shame, though, as many people liked it and it was good for the local economy.

Goodbye Bluefest. It's been a nice 35yrs but you really needed to have stronger line ups to survive.

And with a 35 year history like many things I guess, if the festival was run by one or a small group of people, the time comes for it to naturally end (unless other younger folk want to take it up or take over organising).

Kind of when someone retires from work after a 35+ year career of doing the one thing?

hindy111

Post Whore
And with a 35 year history like many things I guess, if the festival was run by one or a small group of people, the time comes for it to naturally end (unless other younger folk want to take it up or take over organising).

Kind of when someone retires from work after a 35+ year career of doing the one thing?

Inflation mate. Covid lockdown f**ked the economy and the government both present and past has sat on its bum twiddling it's thumbs.
I wonder how much funding went to Raygun to put on her shit show.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's only half an hour from my place and I've never been once, you're right, their line ups are average.

It was a shame, though, as many people liked it and it was good for the local economy.
It’s like bookshops and boutique fashion joints. It’s nice being able to walk past and look in the window, but it requires other merkins to go in and overpay for stuff while I go home and buy it cheap online.