What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norths Devils Thread

Tigertread

Juniors
Lucas said:
Who is this Steve Fransiscus guy? He has scored heaps if tries since he joined the Devils. Worth looking at for the Storm for next year?
He played for Brisbane Wests for about 5 years before joining the Raiders and then moved back to Qld.
Franciscus played for QLD under 19s in 2001 and has also played for PNG. He plays centre, wing and fullback.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Norths Devils 38
Tries: Ryan Shortland 2, Chris Walker, Smith Samau, Steve Franciscus, Michael Bond, Jamie Feeney
Goals: Chris Walker 5

Ipswich Jets 26
Tries: Ben McFadgean, Rickie Dodd, Chris Scanlan, Joel Reithmuller
Goals: Travis Baker 5

The_Savage_1

Juniors
norths & clydesdales on ABC at 2pm

i definitely won't be able to do live scores but i can do a recap on monday

also, i read an article that franciscus wants to re-sign with storm as his contract runs out this year

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Toowoomba Clydesdales 42
Tries: Steve Michaels 2, Todd Parnell 2, David Taylor, David Stagg, Jamie Simpson, Scott Minto
Goals: Brett Seymour 5

Norths Devils 34
Tries: Sam Tagataese 3, Matthew Bartlett 2, Jackson Nicolau 2,
Goals: Jackson Nicolau 3

The_Savage_1

Juniors
it was a good (attacking) game, the lead changed a few times. catch the replay on FOX if you can.

basically the difference between the two teams was one person - dave taylor. for a 17yo, he's a freak, he carved us up! he shat all over the broncos of carlaw, stagg, seymour, minto, etc.

for norths, the two back rowers were impressive, tagataese and particularly bartlett and samau continues to impress. i'm not sure who he is, but i dont rate troy hansen, he was terrible.

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
watched the game on fox today

u guys have some good juniors i like the look of
Smith Samau - constantly betting defenders
Ryan Shortland - good footwork and strength
Matthew Bartlett - good stong player

are these 3 under contract with the storm for next year?

shadow grinder

First Grade
bartlett is with us for awhile i think...maybe a couple more years.

Smith samau...there is talk of many clubs showing intrest in him...not sure whats up with him.

And wouldnt have a clue about shortland.

Earl

Coach
The only goal from the Devils was kicked by J Smith.

Not sure if its Melbournes Jeremy though.

Lucas

Juniors
Earl said:
The only goal from the Devils was kicked by J Smith.

Not sure if its Melbournes Jeremy though.
It must have been. Jeremy hasn't been named for the Storm today and although there are a few J Smith's around, he's the only one who is with the Devils.

Very surprised to see Jez dropped though. Friend very lucky.

oxenham

Juniors
Yeah it was Jeremy Smith. Saw the game, Norths just continually dropped the ball and the Comets only managed three tries when they spent the whole game in the Devils 20. And both of Jeremy Smiths goals were from the sideline, I didn't know he could kick. In the end, Norths only lost from a penalty goal.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Central Comets 18
Tries: Christian Davies 2, Sam Granville
Goals: Scott Porter 3

Norths Devils 16
Tries: Israel Folau, Sam Tagataese, Steve Franciscus
Goals: Jeremy Smith 2

Latest posts