What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norths vs Newtown

Red Bear

Referee
This forum seems to have died a bit, but I had my first trip to Henson Park to watch the Mighty Bears this afternoon. Once again, they lost when I went along, and had so many opportunities at the Jets line. Frustrating.

Great day at Henson, fairly good crowd in it seemed, definately alot of noise made when Newtown scored and a pretty good North Sydney attendance as well.

Took a few snaps as well.

9HensonParkentrance.jpg

1GeneralViewofgroundteamswarmingup.jpg

2KingGeorgeVGrandstandNorthsdefending.jpg

8thecrowdonthehill.jpg

Bluebag

Juniors
nice pics always good to see the bears there as we are kindred spirits in lack of success in premierships be we keep trying anyway great spirit.

boo_boo

Juniors
Brilliant Red Bear.
I love the traditional aspects of our game & you cant get any more tradition than seeing two foundation clubs playing at Henson Park.

bluebag43

Juniors
Great pictures Red Bear,

People viewing the forum will get a good feel for what a day at Henson Park is like! It may help attract some extra's in the crowd and any extra's at Henson are appreciated. As a supporter, I would love to see Henson with regular healthy crowds. It greatly helps the atmosphere which the players in the NSW Cup deserve.

Thanks again Red Bear and good luck to the Bears.

The trip to North Sydney is also a highlight of the season as far as Jets supporters are concerned!

greg

Juniors
Thanks RedBear.Great to see. It doesn't get any better than those two old traditional rivals. Looked like a good turn out.

NZ Jet

Juniors
Shame it's not match of the day on Fox or I'd head to a pub tomorrow to watch. Saw the game against Canterbury last week on TV - Jets are playing well!

boo_boo

Juniors
A crowd of 2000 rugby league lovers at a suburban ground like Henson Park is a lot better than some of those other grounds that have no atmosphere.

NZ Jet

Juniors
2000 is a good Henson crowd. I remember a game against Balmain some years ago we had 3000 and it was brilliant.

Some Henson Pk crowd stats from the latter 'big league' days of 1970-83:
Highest crowd: 10087 v St George 1970
Lowest crowd: 1860 v Penrith 1976
Avegerage crowd: 4802

...and ... 6716 diehards watched the 0-0 draw in 82

So 2000 for premier league is a good crowd I reckon.

bluebagger

Juniors
The biggest NSW Cup game I remember @ Henson Park a crowd of about 3000 about 3 years ago v Parramatta. Steve Helmich promoted it. Guess the crowd or bring a friend day ? Can't recall what the day was promoted as but it was great.
I was at the 0-0 game. It was pouring rain. We should have won 2-0 as Gary Hughes flattened Ken Wilson before he got the ball as he was trying to pop a field goal. I was also @ the 1-0 game v Saints @ SCG.

Latest posts