What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not all is visiable to the eye: a look at the top 4 threats!

Dogz_of_War

Juniors
we talk of roosters bein the team to beat!
we talk of the broncos bein the team to beat!
we talk of panthers, bulldogs and the dragons bein the team to beat!

Roosters: top 4 clashes

Bulldogs:won 1 lost 1
Broncos: lost 1
Panthers: Lost 1

looks like roosters arent the bencmark they have bein beatin by the 4 threats! and have only beatin 1 team in the top 4

Broncos:

Roosters: won 1
Panthers: won 1
Bulldogs: lost 1

these are real threats having beatin both grand finalists!

Panthers:

Bulldogs: won 1

panthers are very very tough to beat in the top 4!

Bulldogs:

Roosters: won 1 lost 1
Broncos: won 1
Panthers lost 1

Bulldogs are doin goin well and should start to show more if they beat panthers and if they do that then its all sweet heading into the finals!

overall: who ever said roosters are a threat are lil wrong having only beat 1 team in the top 4 they are only good against weaker teams but have trouble playin the threats of broncos, dogs and the panthers!

Nug

Juniors
Yeh your right.. roosters are not a threat at all, your soo clever! :roll: :roll:

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Dogz_of_War said:

looks like roosters arent the bencmark they have bein beatin by the 4 threats! and have only beatin 1 team in the top 4

Broncos:

Panthers:

Bulldogs:

Panthers lost 1

Bulldogs are doin goin well and should start to show more if they beat panthers and if they do that then its all sweet heading into the finals!

overall: who ever said roosters are a threat are lil wrong having only beat 1 team in the top 4 they are only good against weaker teams but have trouble playin the threats of broncos, dogs and the panthers!

The Dragons played the roosters earlier in the year, and we had a couple of million Dollars sitting on the sideline, they beat us 11-8. Next week the same shit will happen again. They will probably get us even better next week. Even though we are more seasoned than the last time we met.

We twice played the broncos short on Quality personnel, and we met the panthers weakend side and belted them twice.

The dogs also got us very light on personnel.

Against the To guns the Dragons have not had a Great team on paper, and they need it if they want to win a competition.

We keep getting our best players on the park for the Lower ranked sides :roll:

dice

Juniors
DOW, no teams attempt to physically peak mid-season so what you say kind of means FA. Saints are probably the classic example of what happens if you push your players too hard too early. They might look sensational on their day but at what cost?

The other aspect of this is strategy. I can't see coaches wanting to play their aces too early in the season. A good example was roosters in 2002 with their defensive tactics. It caught everyone by surprise and nobody had an answer for it but had they tried it earlier in the season it may have backfired.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
dice said:
DOW, no teams attempt to physically peak mid-season so what you say kind of means FA. Saints are probably the classic example of what happens if you push your players too hard too early. They might look sensational on their day but at what cost?

The other aspect of this is strategy. I can't see coaches wanting to play their aces too early in the season. A good example was roosters in 2002 with their defensive tactics. It caught everyone by surprise and nobody had an answer for it but had they tried it earlier in the season it may have backfired.

What the hell are you on about, Do u live in your own world, where what you say, only you and the Guest from the wall understand ??

What a load of Crap :roll: :roll:

Lang Park

Juniors
Stgillaman said:
Dogz_of_War said:

Broncos:

Panthers:

Bulldogs:

Panthers lost 1

The Dragons played the roosters earlier in the year, and we had a couple of million Dollars sitting on the sideline, they beat us 11-8. Next week the same sh*t will happen again. They will probably get us even better next week. Even though we are more seasoned than the last time we met.

We twice played the broncos short on Quality personnel, and we met the panthers weakend side and belted them twice.

Against the To guns the Dragons have not had a Great team on paper, and they need it if they want to win a competition.

Brisbane had 6 quality players missing last night,all teams go through it. :D

Jamesy

Juniors
Lang Park said:

What about the dragons 8 players out?? Half of the dragons that weren't playing in that game would be worth more than the players the broncos had out. And they are all far better players then the broncos out list.
Broncos missing: B Berrigan, Seymour, Carroll, D Carlaw, Myers, Devere.
Dragons missing: Firman (nuffin special), Bailey, Blacklock, Sims, Poore, Long, Thompson, Gasnier.

Broncos=4 Dragons=8 :roll:

Just think, if the dragons were at full strength, we'd have more than just 5 players backing up from origin. Bailey would have played for the blues, IMO Thommo would have played and i reckon that Hornby should have played. So with my calculater in my hand, we could have had a possible 9 players backing up.

If both teams had full strength squads, Dragons by 12 points.
Not much of a point LP

Gooba

Juniors
one thing roosters do well is beat every team below them. and are consistant week to week. They are the best side ive seen even though i wish them to loose in the semis because i dont want to see them at another grandfinal. If newcaste are at full strength they will ruffle a few feathers come september.

Lets not forget that the Raider's beat the dragons and came damn close to beating the bulldogs, we beat the broncos, so look out for us.

Lang Park

Juniors
Wezman007 said:
Lang Park said:

What 6 quality players are you talkin about??
Broncos missing: B Berrigan, Seymour, Carroll, D Carlaw (I only count 4)
Dragons missing: Firman (nuffin special), Bailey, Blacklock, Sims, Poore, Long, Thompson, Gasnier.

Broncos=4 Dragons=8 :roll:

Not much of a point LP

As pointed out Devere was gone,add to that Meyers injured and you get 6,my point being that both teams had a few out ,it wasn't all one-way traffic.

Red Bear

Referee
Roosters - Against both Panthers n Broncs they wee missing Fitzy and Cayless and probly others to, plus it was a full strength Panthers side. Roosters are still the team to beat i think. Panthers will fall unfortunately. Go the Rabbitoh's against them today.

OVP

Coach
Stgillaman said:
The Dragons played the roosters earlier in the year, and we had a couple of million Dollars sitting on the sideline, they beat us 11-8. Next week the same sh*t will happen again. They will probably get us even better next week. Even though we are more seasoned than the last time we met.

Making excuses already ? :lol:

miccle

Bench
Roosters are the no.1 team to beat imo.

Broncos and Dogs are the best of the rest atm, but the Storm, Panthers and Dragons also have to squads to pull it off if they start to hit their straps soon.

I'd predict the GF to be played out between any combination of the Roosters, Dogs or Broncs - with the other three my dark horses to give the comp a bit of a shake.

budz

Juniors
Stgillaman said:

Mate, you sounds like me when im talking about my VNRL team! Always whinging about injuries and saying that if i had my full strength team id win. Ive had injuries like Gasnier, Bailey, Blacklock, Hegarty, Girds, Simpson etc. etc.
Unfortunately your club is a club that has a lot of players that are very injury prone. Gasnier, Barrett, Bailey, Ryles etc. So your club are either gonna have to start getting players that dont get injured or live with the fact they will always be getting injured. And because there are so many injury prone players it is very unlikely you will ever have a full strength team playing.