What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not all is visiable to the eye: a look at the top 4 threats!

Gooba

Juniors
If you go by past games... newcastle beat panthers bulldogs and broncos and come close to roosters.. hmmm and we aint even in the 8.

dice

Juniors
Stgillaman said:
dice said:
DOW, no teams attempt to physically peak mid-season so what you say kind of means FA. Saints are probably the classic example of what happens if you push your players too hard too early. They might look sensational on their day but at what cost?

The other aspect of this is strategy. I can't see coaches wanting to play their aces too early in the season. A good example was roosters in 2002 with their defensive tactics. It caught everyone by surprise and nobody had an answer for it but had they tried it earlier in the season it may have backfired.

What the hell are you on about, Do u live in your own world, where what you say, only you and the Guest from the wall understand ??

What a load of Crap :roll: :roll:

Before opening your dumb mouth why don't you do some research on the effects of stress and the necessity for intensity cycling.

White Tiger

Juniors
Stgillaman said:
Dogz_of_War said:
we talk of roosters bein the team to beat!
we talk of the broncos bein the team to beat!
we talk of panthers, bulldogs and the dragons bein the team to beat!

Roosters: top 4 clashes

Bulldogs:won 1 lost 1
Broncos: lost 1
Panthers: Lost 1

looks like roosters arent the bencmark they have bein beatin by the 4 threats! and have only beatin 1 team in the top 4

Broncos:

Roosters: won 1
Panthers: won 1
Bulldogs: lost 1

these are real threats having beatin both grand finalists!

Panthers:

Roosters: won 1
Bulldogs: won 1
Broncos: lost 1

panthers are very very tough to beat in the top 4!

Bulldogs:

Roosters: won 1 lost 1
Broncos: won 1
Panthers lost 1

Bulldogs are doin goin well and should start to show more if they beat panthers and if they do that then its all sweet heading into the finals!

overall: who ever said roosters are a threat are lil wrong having only beat 1 team in the top 4 they are only good against weaker teams but have trouble playin the threats of broncos, dogs and the panthers!

The Dragons played the roosters earlier in the year, and we had a couple of million Dollars sitting on the sideline, they beat us 11-8. Next week the same sh*t will happen again. They will probably get us even better next week. Even though we are more seasoned than the last time we met.

We twice played the broncos short on Quality personnel, and we met the panthers weakend side and belted them twice.

The dogs also got us very light on personnel.

Against the To guns the Dragons have not had a Great team on paper, and they need it if they want to win a competition.

We keep getting our best players on the park for the Lower ranked sides :roll:

:-({|=

Leagueguy

Juniors
Stigalman , St George have proved absolutely nothing the last 2 or 3 seasons. However you think that if they had all their players last night and Brisbane had all their players St George would have won easliy. How good do you think St George are?

"Half of the dragons that weren't playing in that game would be worth more than the players the broncos had out. And they are all far better players then the broncos out list."

Broncos missing: B Berrigan ( Our first choice hooker who was in great form) , Seymour (Probably the best young half prospect in the game at the moment and our halfback) , Carroll (Origin player in form) , D Carlaw (Origin player of the match in game 3) , Myers, Devere(Australian player).
Dragons missing: Firman (nuffin special), Bailey (Origin player), Blacklock, Sims, Poore, Long, Thompson, Gasnier(Origin player).

So how are half of the players St George better than all the players Brisbane had out.

You are overating your team. They were outclassed last night by a depleted and tired Brisbane team. You were beaten really comprehensively. You were never even in the game. So what does that say about the quality of players you actually had playing?

keeney

First Grade
Leagueguy said:
Stigalman , St George have proved absolutely nothing the last 2 or 3 seasons. However you think that if they had all their players last night and Brisbane had all their players St George would have won easliy. How good do you think St George are?

"Half of the dragons that weren't playing in that game would be worth more than the players the broncos had out. And they are all far better players then the broncos out list."

Broncos missing: B Berrigan ( Our first choice hooker who was in great form) , Seymour (Probably the best young half prospect in the game at the moment and our halfback) , Carroll (Origin player in form) , D Carlaw (Origin player of the match in game 3) , Myers, Devere(Australian player).
Dragons missing: Firman (nuffin special), Bailey (Origin player), Blacklock, Sims, Poore, Long, Thompson, Gasnier(Origin player).

So how are half of the players St George better than all the players Brisbane had out.

You are overating your team. They were outclassed last night by a depleted and tired Brisbane team. You were beaten really comprehensively. You were never even in the game. So what does that say about the quality of players you actually had playing?

hahahahahahahahahahahahah pot ...... kettle ......... black :lol:

Leagueguy

Juniors
How am I overating my team? I didn't say half the players Brisbane had out were better than all the players St George had out. I never said anything about how good Brisbane were. I made the point that St George aren't way better than Brisbane.

keeney

First Grade
you oerwrapped like every player there, seymour hottest young half prospect? still calling meyers an australian rep, but not bailey?

Leagueguy

Juniors
I said Devere was Australian player. He was named in the last test team and there is no doubt he is a very good player. As for Seymour he is 19 and would have been the qld halfback this year. You can debate that there a better prospects but he'd definately be in the top 3 or 4. I'm trying to make the point that half of St Georges players they had out were better than all of Brisbanes.

Lang Park

Juniors
Wezman007 said:
Lang Park said:
Brisbane had 6 quality players missing last night,all teams go through it. :D

What about the dragons 8 players out?? Half of the dragons that weren't playing in that game would be worth more than the players the broncos had out. And they are all far better players then the broncos out list.
Broncos missing: B Berrigan, Seymour, Carroll, D Carlaw, Myers, Devere.
Dragons missing: Firman (nuffin special), Bailey, Blacklock, Sims, Poore, Long, Thompson, Gasnier.

Broncos=4 Dragons=8 :roll:

Just think, if the dragons were at full strength, we'd have more than just 5 players backing up from origin. Bailey would have played for the blues, IMO Thommo would have played and i reckon that Hornby should have played. So with my calculater in my hand, we could have had a possible 9 players backing up.

If both teams had full strength squads, Dragons by 12 points.
Not much of a point LP

:lol: Yay for the edit button hey!