What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Happy!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
This is my opinion on how the players and team went.

O'davis- Pretty disapointing. He was safe at the back, but offered very little in attack
Quinn- He had a great game. Made heaps of meters and was very safe.
Gidley- Played a good game. He looked dangerous and created oppertunites
Abraham- Played a very good game out in the centres. He had a high involvment rate and created a few half chances
Hall- Like Quinn he had a very good game. He made plenty of meters and looked dangerous
Rudder- In attack he wasn't to bad. He did a couple of good passes. In defence he was very ordinary. There first try they carried him over. There 2nd try he missed the tackle and they continued to fend him off and made good meters.
Gidley- Had a high involvement rate and a solid kicking game. He found it hard in attack as he was very strongly marked
Perry- Didn't play to the standard he has over the last few weeks
Buderus- One of the knights best. He created alot of oppertunity for his 2nd rowers particularly.
Parsons- He had a pretty good game. Made solid meters and didn't stop trying
Simpson- He had a great game. Alot of great tackles, some good runs and that tackle on walker was amazing
Kennedy- He didn't have the impact newcastle were hopeing for in the 1st half. In the 2nd he played really well. But by then it was to late.
Tanner- He played a good game for his inexperience. He had a high involvement rate and did alot of good work in attack and defence.

Woolnough- Had a so, so game. Not one of his better games
Kennedy- Was quiet in my opinion. I've seen him play much better
Quigley- He played well when he was out there. He had a high involvement rate and made reasonable meters[/b]

The team tryed hard, but they were simply dominated by the roosters forwards. There play the balls were simply way to quick.

Leasha

Juniors
I'd have to agree with your observations there BIHK, but I think that you may have overestimated at times on exactly how well they all went... I don't really think that any of the players had a 'great game' - they played with passion and heart, but their standard was paltry in comparison to the sleek game played by the Roosters

Anonymous

Juniors
I agree Leasha. That was a totally dominant roosters display, we never had a chance to get our heads above water.

Very clever tactics.....Congratulations to Stuart, a masterful game plan.

:(

Anonymous

Juniors
Bring it home Knights said:
This is my opinion on how the players and team went.
Parsons- He had a pretty good game. Made solid meters and didn't stop trying
Simpson- He had a great game. Alot of great tackles, some good runs and that tackle on walker was amazing

The team tryed hard, but they were simply dominated by the roosters forwards. There play the balls were simply way to quick.

You are RIGHT BIHK.. That tackle where Simpson RAN DOWN Chris Walker was incredible the sheer determination and pace he showed to mow a fast guy like Walker down.... The HIGHLIGHT Of a very ordinary season!

Parsons had a good game? Sure he made plenty of tackles because they ran at the SLug.. Its a shame when he made his WALKS up the middle that he didnt keep his legs moving like SImpson and Kennedy do.. He HAS passed hi use by date... had his best year last year!

antonius

Coach
I've Got to say I was dissapointed by the effort. Daniel Abraham IMO was outstanding, and Bedsey tried his heart out in an otherwise very ordinary display. The calls went against us in the first half sure, and I thought Kidley should have been awarded a penalty try, if that wasn't one then none are. All that aside we were well beaten by the better team, I've said all year the Goosters are the team to beat, and IMO they still are. I'm not having a go at you here BIHK, but Kidley's game apart from that effort to get over, was poor, his kicking game just didn't exist, BK made a couple of good runs but it was obvious he played injured, last night indicated to me that Robbie is a spent force at fullback, he just doesn't make the metres back with the ball anymore, he is happy to submit to the tackle and once again our defence was found wanting in the first half. It became very clear that we have a lot of re-building to do next season, I don't think Johns even would have got us over the line last night.

Whats Doing

Bench
The problem with the knights over the last few years is that they have lost so many pkayers and have not bought any one decent. The last player of any note was BK and that was 4 years ago. I know the salary cap has had a lot to do with it but you need injection of a a couple of new blood each year to remain at the top. We cannot wait around for the juniors to make the grade which takes at least 3-4 years to make the grade at a consistent level.

Big Tim

First Grade
I think Kurts kicking game was ordinary. His first two kicks were out on the full, although he was doing the right thing by kicking to Walker, and then he was unable to find touch. It screwed with his confidence.

Abraham played well, but he was taken out of the game with Mad Dogs injury, he had to play in the centres and was unable to roam the field. I think this was a big reason why we lost, our seasons best player was taken out of the game and so was a very high impact player.

princess plj

Juniors
i was watching the game last knight and by the end of the first half it was game over until the second half began as the boys attitude change it was like it was the start of the game......yes they did not get the points but they tried hard......they did give the game away in the first half a bit, yet the roosters are strong and are in form even with an injured freddie...

yes i disagreed freddie should have been sent off- penalty try or no penalty try....was most upset about doogs....and did get a bit annoyed at kidley when he kicked the ball out on the full---- but he tried and thats the main thing....i had to laugh though listening to joey comentate when kidley kicked the ball out on the full all u could hear in the background was OH KNOW from joey....

next yr is all i can say. no use looking at what ifs and if we did that.....i think bk summed it up there is no excuse...but i do feel a bit cheated (on the side convinced they paid the ref ;-) )

Latest posts