What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now lets get Weidler

ali

Bench
Ha, this thread is still going. What a waste of effort it was to type it up.

choc_soldier

Coach
If anyone listened to Talkin' Sport this arvo, they had this guy who impersonated him - absolutely nailed it!

Loved the "exclusive" story about Luke Bailey being Hiddink's secret weapon for the Croatia match... :lol:

redVgirl

Juniors
oh i cannot stand rebecca wilson. i have an evil plan in the works that includes me having her kidnapped and then stealing her job. and representing our game in a the balanced light it deserves.

oh and im far cuter than her. yep.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
is it me, or Danny Weidler seems like a used cars sales man?, he seems so fake, he reminds me of Charlie from Fairstar computers.

Nevcost

Juniors
He hasn't been too bad on nein, but I still don't like him for unsettling the Broncos at the start of the season by saying Locky was unhappy and that he wanted to leave and that he wanted to live in Sydney.

Sir Biffo

Bench
He always says "i just got off the phone" .. please why would anyone even answer the phone if they knew this merkin was on the end and probably just going to lie through his teeth with another one of his "exclusives".

I think him and Gus Gould are long lost twin brothers though.

Thomo.

First Grade
f*ck he can be slow. tonite he claim. breaking news. cronulla have a meeting to discuss future of caoch. f*ck me. that meeting was known about end of last f*ckin week.:x :x :x

he supports the greatest football club in the world so he is okay- why knock someone doing something you can't - this is one of many problems with this country - the knockers/the immigration policy/ constitution where work is not compulsory for all who can and the expectation of someone else paying /the total lack of self responsibility and the laziness of the majority.

The country needs more doers not knockers.

But don;t worry old howard will bring in cheap labour who will work or alternative old beazley will give out more welfare

Notell

Juniors
ali said:
I am sure I am not the only one who is disgusted to see Danny Weidler's ever expanding influence in TV and radio. This bloke has been a total gutter journo for the last 5 or so years and does not deserve a break like he is currently getting. As well as joining up with channel 9, this morning he was filling in for Vossy on 2UE. I have also heard him interviewed a fair few times during the week on sports today.

He is as bad for Rugby League as Rebecca Wilson. The likes of these 2 do far more damage to Rugby League than so called rebel Rugby League websites that certain media types like to complain about.

So before he gets a good footing in 2UE I think we should all email 2UE management to complain about him. Tell them you will stop listening to sports today if he continues to be involved in the show. My email has been sent.

Sports today can be contacted by emailing

sportstoday@2ue.com.au

Lets send Weidler packing for the good of Rugby League!

Every Sunday I buy both newspapers, the Tele and the Herald.

I open up the Herald first, hoping for curiosity's sake that I can see what Weidler has to say.

For three years my curiosity has gone unslaked, for I scan his page to see if there is a mention of Anthony Mundine. I have told myself that the insult to anyone's intelligence that allows Weidler to give "The Man" a plug every week does not allow me to read anything by the perpertrator of such garbage.

As any decent person with any brains should know, the fact that Mundine is mentioned EVERY single Sunday by Weidler means that not only has he got no credibility, he and the editorial staff of the Herald are treating their readers with absolute contempt.

So I cannot comment on Weidler other than say that his credibility is zero and I never read him... can there be any more damning assessment of a journalist? No. It is also bad for Danny Weidler, who of course can not be classed as a journalist.

theres nothing wrong about writing about one of our most known boxers that will be a world champ.
give the guy a break you jeolous people as he has been trying hard to get where he is and finally make that break through

Rammo

Juniors
The Way I See It said:
theres nothing wrong about writing about one of our most known boxers that will be a world champ.
give the guy a break you jeolous people as he has been trying hard to get where he is and finally make that break through

Agree entirely. They're all just jealous of his success.

Full credit to Danny for making it this far.

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
Weidler is only approximately HALF as poisonous as Rebecca Wilson. And filled with only about 75% as much sh&t.

Go after Weider by allmeans, but I implore you - don't forget about Bec-Bec while you do it! MAINTAIN THE RAGE PEOPLE!!! :fist:

She is a malignant cancer on the game we all love...and we must be the.......er...the eventual cure for cancer!...Whatever that is.

Yeah! :sarcasm:

McCrud

Juniors
I just stumbled upon this thread, and I must agree, Danny is a first rate turd.

From drolling on about Mundine every week, to once giving the boys from the Sharks a rap for helping get his bogged vehicle out of the carpark (what a page-filler!) - the tripe this man writes is something to behold. He should just increase the font size of his column and save everyone the trouble of reading the half-baked personal opinions that somehow find their way onto the page as 'gossip'.

How this bloke managed to create a career in the media is one of life's mysteries.

I don't read Wilson's work - though I hear it is of a worse quality, a fact I find hard to believe given Danny's efforts....

Notell

Juniors
Le KooK said:
I just stumbled upon this thread, and I must agree, Danny is a first rate turd.

From drolling on about Mundine every week, to once giving the boys from the Sharks a rap for helping get his bogged vehicle out of the carpark (what a page-filler!) - the tripe this man writes is something to behold. He should just increase the font size of his column and save everyone the trouble of reading the half-baked personal opinions that somehow find their way onto the page as 'gossip'.

How this bloke managed to create a career in the media is one of life's mysteries.

I don't read Wilson's work - though I hear it is of a worse quality, a fact I find hard to believe given Danny's efforts....

I have long been a hater of Wilson's work, but having read an article about (not by) her recently, I have a lot of respect for what she has fought against and how she has come to be what she is. Despite the rubbishing by many, she is indeed successful, and what obstacles she came across and overcame is admirable. That history may indeed taint her work now, but overall I respect her achievements. As for Wiedler, as I said before, it is a disgrace what he does with Mundine in every week's edition, not only on his part but on his sub-editors, editors, all management, the media in general, and the public too for not complaining enough. Media Watch while I am at it, for surely the payments he or his bosses receive for writing his crap for so long must come into question, both ethically and qualitively.

Latest posts