What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now that Watmough is out?

badav

Bench
Now that it looks likely that Watmough is likely to be out, who will NSW pick?

Judging by the general quality of their selections, and the fact that they are throwing up Jason King (A guy who is just not origin quality) and Tim Mannah (a Benchie) as replacements for Josh Perry (Why was he there in the first place) one would think potential candidates could be:

- Ben Smith
- Jamal Idris
- Brad Morrin
- Glen Stewart (Have to keep up the manly quota apparently)

Meanwhile Craig Bellamy continues to be of the belief that decent backrowers such as Anthony Laffranchi and Paul Gallen kicked his dog and knocked over his garden gnome set, so im sure they won't be in the picture in any way whatsoever.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Gallen was always going to be in, reguardless of Watmough. I was under the impression that Waterhouse and Creagh were going to be dropped.

We still have plenty of options, Mark Minichiello could a smokey. Theres Greg Bird, Hindmarsh, O'Donnell, Mason, Hoffman, etc etc.

IMO, Watmough is entrenched in the NSW team now, his replacement more then likely wont be in the team long term, thus I look at Hindmarsh.

typicalfan

Coach
My choice for backrow would be Hindy, Watmough and Gallen. I would replace Watmough with Waterhouse.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lewis will cop a grade 1, it looked worse live than it did on the replays. Should be sweet to go.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Thats irrelevant. It was a bad tackle and he will be suspended, no two ways about it.

Its not irrelevant as players who have not been to the judicury in 7 years get 25% off their charge.

I havent seen the tackle, but a spear is classified as a dangerous throw yes? If its a grade one, he is charged with 125 points, 25% off that for a clean record, 25% again for an early guilty plea gets he's free to play.

Anything above a grade one though and he's gone.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Spot on Tezza, and it wasn't that bad. Dangerous yes, but was on the lowest side. It was a lot worse live than on the replay!

andrew057

First Grade
Its not irrelevant as players who have not been to the judicury in 7 years get 25% off their charge.

I havent seen the tackle, but a spear is classified as a dangerous throw yes? If its a grade one, he is charged with 125 points, 25% off that for a clean record, 25% again for an early guilty plea gets he's free to play.

Anything above a grade one though and he's gone.

I know this. What I meant is its irrelevant because the tackle is much worse than a grade one, so his previous record wont help when it comes to playing in Origin.

lockyno1

Post Whore
No it wasn't. There have been worse tackles that have been graded a grade 1 this season!

Direct

Juniors
I'd like to see a backrow of Gallen, Bird and O'Donnell. Let the bash brothers ride again!

isaiah

Bench
Gallen was always going to be in, reguardless of Watmough. I was under the impression that Waterhouse and Creagh were going to be dropped.

We still have plenty of options, Mark Minichiello could a smokey. Theres Greg Bird, Hindmarsh, O'Donnell, Mason, Hoffman, etc etc.

IMO, Watmough is entrenched in the NSW team now, his replacement more then likely wont be in the team long term, thus I look at Hindmarsh.

you thought creagh and waterhouse were going to be dropped?
how many from game 1 do you think would have survived, 8 or 9?

Latest posts