What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now the DogT/MM fiasco is over...

Dog

Juniors
I've heard there are some NRL players lurking around here.

Raise your hand if you agree
emcrook.gif

emthup.gif
Dog

L

legend

I had also heard that but i'm not sure who and from which club. If there are any players lurking please come forward and say g'day.

L

legend

Just call me Enid Blyton mate.
emsmilep.gif
I do know that a lot of players do check sports websites like this to see what the fans think. I also know for a fact that several media organisations scour a lot of sports sites to dig up news and stories. I made it onto 2ue a couple of months back to talk about the most overrated player of all time and I said Garrick Morgan. I alsostarted a post called "who is the worst player of all time" which received 592 replies and was talked about on 2ue with Peter Bosly. I also made it into league week for a post I did about Brett Finch after the Newcastle game earlier this year. That one was a bit negative though. So there you go.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Actually, I have it good authority that at least one RL Legend actually lurks here. He is one of the greats.

I thought id have a bit of fun with this, and try to match up everyone that i can think of on this board with a RL player/celebrity.....Imagine if any of these were true??? lol
Here we go:
MFC - Dave Moffo (duh! lol)
Legend - Greg Wolfgramm
Bronco - Tony Iro
Ozbash - Brendan Tutta
Bomber - Tim Sheens
Pepe - John Ribot
Willow - Anthony Mundine
Mud and Blood - Greg Dowling
GavBT - Mike Stephenson
The Bug - Craig Coleman
Meltiger - Peter Frilingos
MattO - Corey Hughes
Bebeto - Jason Taylor
Tigger - Action Jackson Kaufusi
Hass - Peter Wilkins
Beast - Ray Chesterton
BigBopper - Lachlan Murdoch
RoosterCogburn - Craig Wing
Brett - Ian Rubin
Roopy - Justin 'Knight' Ryder
AlbertRoosenfield - Greg McCallum
Yakstorm - Tas Bateri
Macavity - Sam Stewart
Dog-T - Big Dawg Wayne Chisholm
Studebaker - Mark Geyer

Eldorado

Juniors
"Actually, I have it good authority that at least one RL Legend actually lurks here. He is one of the greats."

Willow, RL Legendeh! Is thatLegend himself your referring to?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Please don't read too much into what I'm saying. I'm talking about a since retired international. The man is question is an historically recognised player but no (lol) it's not Legend (sorry mate)
Thats all I can say. Would you like me to reveal your real name? Offcourse not.
One the great things I've noticed about this forum is that it is growing fast. A number of reciprocal links are developing and with that comes extra viewers.

M

meltiger

"Meltiger - Peter Frilingos"

LOL

Moff I dunno if I talk THAT much shit
emwink.gif

Eldorado

Juniors
No worries friend,I am aware thatsome current players as well as ex players do look at this site. I only asked about Legend becauseI don't know any of youguys on here and I was just wondering if you were seriously referring tohim. If so I was going to apologise to him for taking the mickey out of him :)

T

tigger

My votes as follows

MFC - Ewen McGrady
Legend - Glenn Lazarus
emfemale.gif
emfemale.gif

Bronco - Paul Hauff
Ozbash - Allan Langer
emwink.gif

Bomber - Julian O'Neill
Pepe - Matt Geyer
Willow - Daryl Brohman
Mud and Blood - Trevor Gillmeister
GavBT - Andy Courier
The Bug - Phil Blake
Meltiger - Darren Clarke
Bebeto - Mick Cronin
Tigger - Gary Jack
Beast - Greg Florimo
BigBopper - George Piggins
RoosterCockburn - Brett Mullins
Brett - Jason Herington (only 'Country' could be that stooooopid!)
Roopy - Matty Johns
Yakstorm - Ellery Hanley
Macavity - Mark Sargent
Studebaker - Tricky Trindle

Haha meltiger, 'chippy' would take a lot of beating in the bs stakes...Although he is actually mildly entertaining when he is giving it to Ray Hadley on 2ue during the weekends...Have u heard his call of the 86 kangaroo tour when australia win the game?? Hilarious stuff, they have many skits with him during the show that are pretty funny...
Ewen McGrady Tigger?? Well, u never know ;) I was originally going to label you as Kevin Hardwick, but sanity prevailed with Action Jackson lol
The Fan.

L

legend

Frilingos may be a bad journalist in the eyes of many, but if anyone has ever heard his call of the womens water polo last year at the olympics you will find it very funny indeed. I actually enjoy his dry wit and deadpan style humour. He comes across as funny because he treats everything so seriously. I enjoy his comments.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Actually ElDorado: Are you a player / ex-player?Ex - Parra legend perhaps?

Legend, that was actually 'son of chippy'....i cant remember his name, but it sounded exactly like Frilingos did during the '86 kangaroos tour ;)
The Fan.

P

pepe

i would have thought meltiger would be more likened to mike sheahan the afl writer and personality,afterall craig is a passionate afl fan,balmain and league are more of novelty value to him.
emwink.gif

as for myself being likened to matt geyer,i always thought he was overated.

johnn ribot sits with me a lttle more confortably,he has taken the storm in3 short years tothe second biggest fan base in the nrl,not to mentionbeing premiers in 99''.

T

tigger

as for myself being likened to matt geyer,i always thought he was overated

Pepe - You are overrated
emwink.gif

imported_bronco

Juniors
How the hell did i get likened to Paul Hauff and Tony Iro? I don't mind Iro as much, he was a great player in his day and Hauff wasn't too bad either.
But why??? You have some explaining to do in the chat room MFC and tigger tonight.

Cheers
bronco

Latest posts