What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NQ Young Guns Team v Central Comets

Tigertread

Juniors
Browne Park - Sat - 7:30 pm
1- Daniel Sorbello
2- Simon Phillips
3- Wallace Solomona
4- Aaron Morgan
5- Neil Sweeney
6- Ben Rauter
7- Michael Meigan
8- Mick Casey
9- Steven Goodhew
10-Matt Scott
11-Ben Lowe
12-Ben Laity
13-Derricke Watkins
Interchange
14-Tyler Smith
15-Jason Barsley
16-Grant Reibel
17-Stuart Cruickshank
Mackay second-rower and former Redcliffe player Stuart Cruickshank has been named to make his North Queensland Young Guns debut against the Central Comets in Rockhampton on Saturday night.

Tigertread

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Hey Tread what are your thoughts on Rauter and Scott?
Rauter is a usefull fill in for the NQ Young Guns, he has been playing for Brothers in the local Townsville comp. I really don't think he will make the Cowboys top side. As for Matt Scott, I have only seen him play a couple of games and from what I have seen, I think he can go all the way.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tigertread said:
Mighty Tiger said:
Hey Tread what are your thoughts on Rauter and Scott?
Rauter is a usefull fill in for the NQ Young Guns, he has been playing for Brothers in the local Townsville comp. I really don't think he will make the Cowboys top side. As for Matt Scott, I have only seen him play a couple of games and from what I have seen, I think he can go all the way.

To be honest havn't seen either play being that I'm down South but I have heard some good reports on Rauter and especially Scott.

Many have acutally tipped Scott as a possible rep player in years to come.

Tigertread

Juniors
Veteran in shock Guns' call-up
CENTRALS back-rower Michael Whiting has been called into the Young Guns team to play the Central Comets in Rockhampton tonight.
The former North Sydney Bear, 29, has been toiling away in the Townsville and Districts Rugby League for the Tigers this season, his good form rewarded with Foley Shield representation and, now, a spot in the Young Guns.
"It (selection) was a bit of a surprise to be honest," said Whiting yesterday, the veteran coming in for prop Mick Casey (ill).
Young Guns coach Adrian Thomson said Whiting deserved his call-up, but admitted his Centrals' teammate Daniel Harnden was unlucky to miss out, with a number of other TDRL forwards also considered.
"Shaun Casey, Bevan Heuir (both Charters Towers), Damien Lynch (Burdekin) and Daniel have all been playing well," he said.
Thomson said he was mindful of the fact that Charters Towers and Burdekin were playing a crucial TDRL match this weekend, while Centrals were facing the bottom-placed Sharks, and hence shied away from pulling up players from the Miners or the Roosters.
"No disrespect to Bindal (Sharks), but that was a consideration," he said.
Thomson will consider tinkering with his line-up against the Comets, with Daniel Sorbello mooted for the halfback role, moving Michael Meigan back to the more familiar No. 6 and Ben Rauter to the back row.
Thomson said the Young Guns were aiming for a sixth-placed finish to the season with games against lower-placed teams to see out the year.
Tonight's match against the 10th-placed Comets precedes their final match against ninth-placed Norths.
townsville bulletin

Tigertread

Juniors
Comets stretch Guns to limit
THE North Queensland Young Guns were made to work hard for a 28-4 win over Central Comets in Rockhampton on Saturday night.
The Young Guns led 8-0 at halftime of the Queensland Cup match before pulling away in the second half.
Young Guns coach Adrian Thomson said the Comets, a feeder club for the Cowboys, put up solid resistance in the first half before his team gradually got on top.
"It was a good, solid half of footy," Thomson said.
"Neither side gave any ground. It was pretty tight right the way through and we only got away from them towards the end of the second half."
Thomson said his team's best performers were young prop Matthew Scott and fullback Jason Barsley.
He also praised Michael Whiting, Stuart Cruickshank and Tyler Smith who filled the bench for a Young Guns team stretched by injuries and promotions to the Cowboys team which travelled to Canberra.
"Whiting, Cruickshank and Smith all held their own and played pretty well," Thomson said.
Cruickshank and Smith play in the Mackay competition while Whiting plays for Townsville club Centrals.
Despite being out of contention for the Queensland Cup semi-finals, Thomson said he was pleased with the way the younger players in his team had developed over the season.
"It's a good thing for the club," Thomson said.
"The younger guys have consistently been the better players over the last five or six weeks when we've started to get on a roll.
"Some have played more time than we probably would have thought but it will be beneficial."
The Young Guns finish their season in Brisbane this Sunday against Norths who were 78-0 winners over Wests yesterday.
Townsville bulletin

Tigertread

Juniors
NQ Young Guns 28 (Wallace Solomona, Aaron Morgan, Neil Sweeney, Ben Laity, Steven Goodhew tries; Simon Phillips 4 goals) def Centrals Comets 4 (Wade Bidgood try).

Latest posts