What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

Gronk

Staff member
Latrell should have been fined.

If it was any other player they would have been.

The NRL are petrified of Latrell pulling the race card out whenever he is picked on.
Also, don’t these broadcasters operate on a 7 second delay or something ? If so, they could have hit the kill switch, but perhaps MMM got a woody about the controversy.

Noise

Coach
Remember a few years ago when 360 were going after Seibold at the Broncos? Well now I reckon they are after Demetriou at Souths.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Also, don’t these broadcasters operate on a 7 second delay or something ? If so, they could have hit the kill switch, but perhaps MMM got a woody about the controversy.
The porkchop Dobbo was interviewing him and should have pulled the microphone away.

Dobbo big notes himself as an experienced operater he should know better

But as i understand it it was cut off by Dan Ginnane at the 5th time as it all happened in 5-10 second period.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Remember a few years ago when 360 were going after Seibold at the Broncos? Well now I reckon they are after Demetriou at Souths.
He dug his own grave in reality.

Got rid of Reynolds, hasn't been strong enough to rein in Latrell.

I reckon the Sam Burgess issue is hilarious as Souths covered up his shit for a lot of his career and there were plenty of double standards going on there then.

But on the field you couldn't argue Sam didnt put his body on the line every game he played he was as tough as anybody when on the park. Latrell you couldn't say the same.

Avenger

Immortal
Paul Kent has a point. Toby Rudolph said on the Matty Johns Show that he hopes he pulls a good sort at Northies after a game last season and gets sanctioned and receives an official warning by the NRL.

Latrell Mitchell gets nothing for his f bomb MMM interview when he stated that he was aware that he was swearing and didn’t care. We all know why he wasn’t sanctioned and even Kent who usually calls this stuff out can’t say it.

The NRL are softcocks and Latrell is a confirmed dickhead.

Suitman

Post Whore
Paul Kent has a point. Toby Rudolph said on the Matty Johns Show that he hopes he pulls a good sort at Northies after a game last season and gets sanctioned and receives an official warning by the NRL.

Latrell Mitchell gets nothing for his f bomb MMM interview when he stated that he was aware that he was swearing and didn’t care. We all know why he wasn’t sanctioned and even Kent who usually calls this stuff out can’t say it.

Great post.
That sums it up.

Avenger

Immortal
Latrell is a leader in his community, a proud man. Rudolf is a meathead.
Doesn’t give him the right to act like a dickhead. He’s a polarising figure with antecedents that is protected because the NRL are shit scared to take him on. Him also commenting on what should happen to Leinu was against the rules. Again nothing happened.

This is just the beginning for Souths. Sam Burgess was right.

Pazza

First Grade
Doesn’t give him the right to act like a dickhead. He’s a polarising figure with antecedents that is protected because the NRL are shit scared to take him on. Him also commenting on what should happen to Leinu was against the rules. Again nothing happened.

I agree

It's 2024, some groups are given more rope than others....

Avenger

Immortal
Cooper Cronk just said BA shouldn't have left Kelma there at half time. Needed to make a change after the 5 line breaks.
I can’t stand Cronk. He’s the master of hindsight as we all are. He’s also a flop as a commentator.

King-Gutho94

Coach

What about souths putting a complaint into Triple M and having them ban post match interview videos haha.

I hope they keep losing. As it keeps the heat off us tbh as a club. We don't handle that stuff well.

Latrell is Toxic to that joint and anyone around him souths keep digging themselves a bigger hole by pandering to him with this victim mentality they have as a club and he does as an individual.

Rod Churchill called him a cancer last year I think he crossed the line with the word cancer he used but the sentiment and point he was trying to make was there.

PARRA_FAN

Coach

I don't think he actually said good sort, I remember it was "hoping to pull something". I remember how much blacklash he copped which was plain ridiculous, people in social media saying it was offensive to women, even though he didnt mention a sort, he couldve been talking about a bloke. So to Kent's point, this is pretty weak by the NRL, this Latrell thing is worse, but its a nothing to see here moment.

Pumpkin

Juniors
What about Tedesco coming across to save a try against Manly, leading with his knees and kneeing the Manly player in the face with force, and it isn't even a penalty? It's like they are thinking, ok, it's Teddy, he's a clean player, so we'll just ignore it.

Gronk

Staff member

Agree there are inconsistencies. He didn't really make any sense with his Uncle Frank "woke politics" references, because he is seeking the enforcement of rules - not compaining about unnecessary overreaching.