What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 9s Team Named

azsportza

Live Update Team
1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Pat Richards
4. Bodene Thompson
5. Marika Koroibete
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Blake Austin
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah (c)
10. Martin Taupau
11. Cory Paterson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Adam Blair
14. Manaia Cherrington
15. Kurtis Rowe
16. James Gavet

17th Man: Delouise Hoeter

Blue Group – Titans, Sharks, Knights and Gold Coast

Source

Draw and when we play here

azsportza

Live Update Team
Interesting to see Austin and Moses at 7 and 6.

Austin played well at halfback during the trial against the Panthers on Saturday night. Moses had a go at 5/8th late in the match when Anasta went off. He left the same time Halatau broke his ankle.

Hard to rate the team since we don't really know how the nines will play out. Seems a decent looking line up though.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
A pretty mobile pack. Not bagging Thompson and Richards in the centres, maybe I'd prefer a bit more pace out there....

magpie guy

Juniors
A pretty mobile pack. Not bagging Thompson and Richards in the centres, maybe I'd prefer a bit more pace out there....

Simona is still recovering from injury I believe. Not sure about Lawrence but I suspect they want to give him the best chance of being 100% for the first game of the season.

macnaz

Staff member
Nofoaluma Out
Ben Murdoch In

Hamstring strain for Nofa and not worth the risk (Potter)

Fmd !!! Why replace a winger with a forward , could have used Cory Brown before BMM . I thought Potter said they are going over there to try win :( Honestly we have plodders but maybe the thought process is to go over them and not around them ?

Last edited:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Fmd !!! Why replace a winger with a forward. I thought Potter said they are going over there to try win :(

I have to agree macnaz. I may be wrong but the space created by 9's doesn't benefit a forward so much, I thought it was more about the speed men using the extra space provided. We lose a lot without Nofo.

I'll be interested to see how and where Rowe is used. Initially I was pretty excited about our chances but the closer it gets the less confident I am will be there at the end....

macnaz

Staff member
I have to agree macnaz. I may be wrong but the space created by 9's doesn't benefit a forward so much, I thought it was more about the speed men using the extra space provided. We lose a lot without Nofo.

I'll be interested to see how and where Rowe is used. Initially I was pretty excited about our chances but the closer it gets the less confident I am will be there at the end....

Thats the way I look at it.. all you need is 3 quicks to finnish of what the mobile forwards can create, but all we have to go 50+ Metres is Koro :( .
Like I said Brown can motor as can Hinchcox , they are the type of guy id have in there , especially with Nofo and Simona out. Ill be over there so I hope they can offer something to make the trip worth it.

Ghipo

Juniors
Rowe and Hoeter will cover Nofoaluma's withdrawal. Rowe is super quick.

All he needs to learn now is to catch the ball and tackle. Rowe has a very very very long way to go before he can be considered even close to be a 1st grader.

Latest posts