What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL A JOKE!

tiger_nick

Bench
This year the Wests Tigers have been dealt two massivley unfair blows by the NRL itself. Firstly was the extra time stuffup against Souths in Round 2. The NRL officials forgot to blow halftime and South Sydney consequently benefited from from field position, kicked the winning field goal and were awarded the 2 points after both teams had tried their heart out for 87 minutes. The NRL publicly admitted they were wong. The Wests Tigers are compensated by an apology from hte NRL.

Next round. Wests Tigers verus Brisbane Broncos. The Tigers ae leading by six with 15 minutes to go. Corey Parker runs onto the field while Shane Webcke is still coming off. He instantly creates an overlap and crashes over to score. Brisbane now have the momentem and go on to win the game. The NRL investigate, decide Brisbane were in the wrong and dock them the 2 points. Wests Tigers compenstaion: nothing. Later in the year Brisbane appeal and regain the 2 points. The NRL give them the two points amist the NSW Blues dramas to avoid it being in the headlines. By doing this NRL are admitting they were in wrong. Again Wests Tigers compensation: Nothing.

For both of these incidents the Wests Tigers bite their tongue and went with the NRL's decision. Not many other clubs would have done this. Can you imagine Ricky Stuart standing for it?

Than on the weekend the Wests Tigers are subject to a 13-3 penalty count and still only go down by eight. Have two players noses broken and recieve one penalty in the last minute before halftime with the count already 7-0. And the final two with the game well and truely gone in the final 5 minutes. The coach refuses to speak to the media and the club is fined $15,000 by the NRL.

The Wests Tigers are now sitting 2 points out of the top eight and $15,000 less cash in the bank. I thought the NRL might be a little leniant towards the team considering the bullshit they have put up with from them.

There are blatant double standard here. If I was the club I would appeal the fine and tell the NRL to pull its head in.

cadburys

Juniors
And what would the fine be if we had spoken out over lame shayne, we might as well have unloaded the full deck and said what we really think.

As for our alleged abuse at the match officials, the NRL have said that they don't condone such behaviour.

Ok, so what was so bad that it was termed as abuse.

Did we threaten them with Bozo's old cement truck, after the infamous Bill Harrigan incident at Shark Park 1987 style, when Manly were caned out of the game penalty after penalty.

No one condones any sort of behaviour of this kind, we don't have a problem with that.

In general though, nor do we condone such poor officiating of sporting contests, and as already explained earlier in this subject opening, we had to endure it twice already this season before Saturday night's farce.

And what has the NRL or the Referee's association had to say about Lame
Shayne Pain in the Main Game for very little Gain.

SFA

NRL - Give yourself a triple.

You've got no :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Wilks

Juniors
Dont show up to a press conference = 15 grand
Show up and give Hayne a massive spray = 10 grand.

I know what I'd be doing the next time we get shafted.

simon says

First Grade
Wilks said:
Dont show up to a press conference = 15 grand
Show up and give Hayne a massive spray = 10 grand.

I know what I'd be doing the next time we get shafted.

Agreed......we dont say a bloody thing and we get a fine.

Next tine we get rorted,and there have been planty of times this year.Sheens should should bloody unload,and not just bring up this year.....tell the mongrels the crap deal you get when you are a lowly ranked team.....

If this was the Roosters/Broncos ets the refs would know that they cannot do this and get out easy like Hayne did.He did it to Cronulla before,and now us......will thr Broncos/Roosters and co get a turn???

We all know the answer to this......fire up Sheensie.

jy

Juniors
what would the fine have been if you're coac ... i mean football manager's name was phil gould???? nothing. he would have benn commended for "promoting the game"

mikey

Juniors
I was happy with the way Sheens just locked them out - it let everyone know what he thought without actually saying anything.

As for the other Tigers officials giving the touchies a spray (if they in fact did) - I don't agree with that. They should let the coach do the talking.

tiger_nick

Bench
Gould, upset with the media again, has not spoken publicly - outside commenting for employer Channel 9 - since the NSW side was announced last Monday morning.

The Blues coach is upset with the media, particularly The Daily Telegraph's reporting of the public reaction to his early exit up the Suncorp Stadium players tunnel nearing fulltime of Origin II.

"I'm sure the NSWRL will be disappointed if Gould doesn't speak [before the game]," Livermore said.

"The fans will want to know what he thinks. Maybe they'll all back Queensland if he doesn't want to speak. I feel he should talk - but it is a matter for the NSWRL."

The Wests Tigers were fined yesterday by the NRL after coach Tim Sheens refused to speak with the media after last weekend's match against Canberra.

However, NSWRL chairman Colin Love remains unconcerned by Gould's silence. "Phil has done more than anyone in State of Origin history to promote the game
," Love said.

"In an ideal world we would like him to speak but this match is a sellout and he will now just focus on winning the game.

"He has done his promotional work and there are other spokesmen like [assistant coach] Laurie Daley and [NSWRL general manager] Geoff Carr. I'm not concerned if he chooses not to speak. I won't be raising it."

Need I say anymore

Suzie

Juniors
No Nick, no need to say anything else :evil: talk about bloody double standards! :evil: :evil: :evil:

jy

Juniors
it's enough to make you cry. i hope the boys go out there against those bastard silvertails and put it right up them. and i hope a scotty prince -inspired queensland run in 50 against the gus gould dragoosters.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I know what we did was wrong but a $15 ,000 fine is a joke, we've been rorted this season more than the tax office ever has . I think a $5000, fine would've been acceptbale but nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

NZ Magpie

Juniors
I have just posted the following e-mail on the nrl.com site.

Any takers that I do not receive a reply?

"Of course the Mighty Wests Tigers can beat Manly, providing of course. Mr (and I use that term very loosely) Hayne, is not refereeing.

With the Wests Tigers being fined $15,000.00 for???? Why hasn't Mr Hayne been fined for impersonating a Referee?

It will be interesting to see whether I get a response from you about this e-mail!!!"

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok people, the tigers have ended up on the wrong end of the stick a few times.

The Souths stuff up was not NRL officials, it was ground officials. There's nothing you can do about that but get over it.

The Shane Webcke/Corey parker incident is laughable. Webcke wasn't involved anywhere near the play that set that try up, so don't go saying that it was a factor. Yes it was a breach of the rules, but it didn't make it 14 vs 13 because Webcke was in backplay, uninvolved at all. We didn't deserve any form of apology/compensation for that at all.

The NRL are not to blame in terms of Shayne Hayne's officiating last weekend. He was not ordered to call those penalties by David Gallop. Shayne Hayne needs to be dropped from first grade, possibly fined. Tigers fans have a right to feel perturbed over that match outcome, but once again, the NRL was not to blame.

I know you are angry people and you have every right to be, but please look at both sides of the story, realistically before you start making accusations.

Only sooks look for a blame, champions cop it and learn from it.

I don't consider the Tigers as sooks. Karma has a way of making things work out.

bonstonker

Juniors
Karma has a way of making things work out

no it f**king doesn't.

you would think that after supporting the tigers you would f**king learn that.

as for the timekeepers,what about the f**king ref.he is the guy in charge,he is the guy that brings each half to a halt,not the time keepers.
it is also the resposibility of the nrl to make sure that all timekeepers are up to date with rule changes,which clearly was not the case.

the webke parker incident is all about rules,and my biggest problem is that if he was not allowed on the field and the touchie saw it,why wasn't the try called back and the tigers given a penalty.
that was a f**k up by an nrl official.
end of story.and i don't know why anyone has not picked this up throughout this whole process.
it should have been dealt with on the spot,not weeks later.

the nrl are to blame for hayne,simply because he is f**king out on the field to begin with.
the nrl have ignored the ref situation for far too long and it is still hurting the game.
now they are looking at adding another f**king team,which then means we have to come up with another useless f**king ref each weekend to ref the extra game.

all of this comes back on the nrl who continually ignore the quality of refs and not to mention the video refs who have also f**ked us over continually this year.

to say the nrl is not to blame,is sheer stupidity.
they run the game,and unfortunately only when it is too late.
and they should be accountable for the crap we have seen from them this year.

Suzie

Juniors
I agree bon. Even though the NRL are not responsible for actually blowing the whistle, they are responsible for ensuring adequate trainingof all the officials representing them, and should take disciplinary action, such as dropping non-performers, when their officials do not perform to an acceptable standard, whether it be a referee, time keeper, video ref, touch judge, whoever.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The NRL can't control a referee's f**k ups before they happen, or as they happen. What do you want to happen? The full NRL board to sit on the sideline and everytime a dubious decision is made, for play to stop while they discuss what action should be taken before the game continues?

Suzie

Juniors
Of course not - but what is wrong with making refs accountable for shithouse performances? After the game, say on Mondays, review the games/refs/whoevers performances and those who don't perform have to explain why they ought to retain their spot.