What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL All Stars Game - A potentially funny idea...

Liam

Juniors
My team:

1. Shannon Hegarty
2. Brett Kelly
3. Sisa Waqa
4. Tony Williams
5. Sonny Tuigamala
6. John Morris
7. Marc Herbert
8. Danny Wicks
9. Luke Priddis
10. Bryce Gibbs
11. Jacob Lillyman
12. Nick Kouparitsis
13. Corey Payne

14. Daniel Holdsworth
15. Jacob Selmes
16. Ben Pomeroy
17. Kane Cleal

OVP

Coach
I recommend we try to get Matt Gidley back from England for one last hurrah. I think people want to see The Lord of Oh Gawd again and repping.

No point posting a poll then, Hegarty it is. :) Will keep an eye out for when voting starts and then we can try and get as many people to vote as possible ... will be p*ss funny if it actually works.

:oops:

You're right... haha can't believe I didn't think of that.

I wouldn't suggest voting him in because it won't make such a WTF moment as the depth for the Indigineous All Stars isn't as great as the NRL All Stars.

Any other nominees?

watatank

Coach
Why not nominate a player who's only played like one first grade game?

It won't happen.

Clubs will almost certainly be asked to nominate 3/4 of their best and then fans would be able to vote for them. For example for Parramatta there's no chance their nominated player will be anyone but Hayne, Moi Moi or Hindmarsh (injuries permitting). Players like Hegarty, Covell, Simmons or whoever anyone else thinks is crap won't even be nominated by their club. In saying that there is always the chance for a club to nominate a deep left field option in which people can try and vote in particularly if injuries come into it (which they will).

It won't happen.

Clubs will almost certainly be asked to nominate 3/4 of their best and then fans would be able to vote for them. For example for Parramatta there's no chance their nominated player will be anyone but Hayne, Moi Moi or Hindmarsh (injuries permitting). Players like Hegarty, Covell, Simmons or whoever anyone else thinks is crap won't even be nominated by their club. In saying that there is always the chance for a club to nominate a deep left field option in which people can try and vote in particularly if injuries come into it (which they will).

Is that how it works? I thought all players would be up for nomination?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
^^^^agreed there I cannot see Sticky allowing Trent Barrett on the list if given a choice.

I would go the other way though, the clubs will probably be allowed to say no to 3/4 players with all others available.

If Locky, Smith, Benji and Blair are certainties, then perhaps I am incorrect too.

So will it be like the first origin? Everybody thinking it won't be fair dinkum?

Until say Charlie Webb belts Luke O'Donnell?