What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL CEO - worth making another league?

I am in mate; Wanted to join a third league before the NRL kicks off. I have a side comp V Joshie but it's only us two and it goes for 12 weeks so i don't really count that. But yeah I am keen for No.3.

The only real option is quick draw 2-5 minutes so the draft can be through in one night.

perverse

Referee
would we make number 3 fit into the promotion/relegation system of LU1 and LU2? if so, i don't think you're eligible, ab. lol.

i have myself and a mate who would be interested in jumping in if it's not associated with the other 2 LU leagues, though - so reserve me 2 slots if it's a completely separate league please :)

hugzy

Juniors
i'm keen to add another trophy to the Hamburgers trophy cabinet, so please reserve me a spot

abpanther

Staff member
would we make number 3 fit into the promotion/relegation system of LU1 and LU2? if so, i don't think you're eligible, ab. lol.

i have myself and a mate who would be interested in jumping in if it's not associated with the other 2 LU leagues, though - so reserve me 2 slots if it's a completely separate league please :)

Yeah fair point mate, I was just assuming it was a completely new random comp

Well I am keen for whatever, not much phases me. I remember playing Virtual NRL when i was like 9 or 10 and i loved it so I am keen for another team.

perverse

Referee
Why can't it just be a stand alone comp instead of LU3?
it can be, of course. i was just raising the issue.

hattrick - i raised the issue because if this comp were to be tagged into the relegation/promotion system, then essentially we would have people competing with 2 different teams in the same competition.

and yes, if you win LU1 (or come second) you will be promoted to LU1 next season. there is a top 2/bottom 2 promotion/relegation system in place on those 2 comps - they are linked.

abpanther

Staff member
Seeing as though 3-4 people in this forum who are interested are already in an LU comp, how about it just be a standalone?

it can be, of course. i was just raising the issue.

hattrick - i raised the issue because if this comp were to be tagged into the relegation/promotion system, then essentially we would have people competing with 2 different teams in the same competition.

and yes, if you win LU1 (or come second) you will be promoted to LU1 next season. there is a top 2/bottom 2 promotion/relegation system in place on those 2 comps - they are linked.

Awesome, I like that idea.

perverse

Referee
and naturally i meant to say if you win LU2, not LU1. winners of LU1 have nowhere to go but down. lol.

yeah, it's a good system. i do hope that a LU3 spawns at some stage to make it a 3 tier competition, i think the numbers are there for it, we just haven't had the organisation this year (a big organisational gap has been left by Johns Magic's departure this year in particular). it gives the comps far more long term meaning, and also gives teams near the bottom of at least LU1 (at the moment) incentive to play to the end to avoid relegation.

it also does the job of shuffling the player base of each comp around, which makes it a bit more interesting than facing off against the same group of guys every year.

Last edited:
and naturally i meant to say if you win LU2, not LU1. winners of LU1 have nowhere to go but down. lol.

yeah, it's a good system. i do hope that a LU3 spawns at some stage to make it a 3 tier competition, i think the numbers are there for it, we just haven't had the organisation this year (a big organisational gap has been left by Johns Magic's departure this year in particular).

Does the winner of LU1 get any sort of advantage in the next year's draft or is it just bragging rights?

perverse

Referee
it's bragging rights at this stage... although i get the feeling it's only because NRLCEO has no sort of facility to allow the placement and order of draft picks. something to reward the winner would be nice, but i generally think the bragging rights will have more and more meaning the longer the system is in place because, at least in theory, LU1 should increase in quality year by year.

but yeah, we should definitely brainstorm something up as a reward. hell, even something to slap in a signature or something.

perverse

Referee
Seeing as though 3-4 people in this forum who are interested are already in an LU comp, how about it just be a standalone?
yeah, it's safe to say this is standalone given that you, me, hattrick and Tom want in. i've just joined the comp, so yeah. consider it standalone.

LU3 would have been nice, but really it would have had to have been organised around the same time as LU1 and LU2.

Latest posts