What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL CLUBS V RLIF

Iafeta

Referee
It's really easy get the clubs support....

images

They're like ladies of the night. Give them a bit of coin and they'll gladly fulfil our international league pleasures.

It's stupid. What they don't see is that if we take advantage now of what the likes of Tonga achieved, you will expand markets and tap into new markets which only increase their revenue making capacities.

One thing NRL clubs are never short of its myopia.

some11

Referee
If we can't take advantage of the huge strides made in this WC and the inevitability of Origin being a completely stand alone series then we never will.

I'm personally writing a letter to Greenberg because bitching about it on here or social media isn't going to help.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Maybe people on here are starting to see the self importance Nrl clubs have. They feel they need to be involved in everything. Wonder if FIFA or World Rugby ask local clubs there opinion? Maybe a divide and conquer will help. Clearly the players of the Nrl would be happy to raise the international profile. In saying that I feel there should be at least someone relaying the information back to the clubs. Maybe a compromise between the players international duties and club duties and injury compensation for clubs to help satisfy everyone’s agenda. Let’s hope that the current World Cup ratings encourages media companies to show more interest in internationals.

Maybe people on here are starting to see the self importance Nrl clubs have. They feel they need to be involved in everything. Wonder if FIFA or World Rugby ask local clubs there opinion? Maybe a divide and conquer will help. Clearly the players of the Nrl would be happy to raise the international profile. In saying that I feel there should be at least someone relaying the information back to the clubs. Maybe a compromise between the players international duties and club duties and injury compensation for clubs to help satisfy everyone’s agenda. Let’s hope that the current World Cup ratings encourages media companies to show more interest in internationals.

Mate I would not cite FIFA as a good example. A number of the big football clubs have talked about splitting away from FIFA, espcially over the issue of players injured whilst away on iternational duty, where the clubs more often than not don't get any compensation.

Thing is in rugby league, the NRL is the richest organistation and its money comes from televising of its local league plus State of Origin.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Mate I would not cite FIFA as a good example. A number of the big football clubs have talked about splitting away from FIFA, espcially over the issue of players injured whilst away on iternational duty, where the clubs more often than not don't get any compensation.

Thing is in rugby league, the NRL is the richest organistation and its money comes from televising of its local league plus State of Origin.

FIFA organizational structure is very sound, as is the World Rugby. You can’t help much if a Blatter or Waldron are given free reign. Accountability and tighter controls can fix most of that.

Injuries in Rep games is the biggest bug bear for clubs. And it’s probably not even the money because the clubs are generally passing on the funds from the Nrl but more the fact that x player will be out for 3months. If there was a way to compensate the team for a player missing that would go along way to fixing the issue.

Yes the Nrl make all there money from the tv deal but a damn lot of players in the Nrl are from other countries. How much money does the English premier league give FIFA? I think the Nrl and super league could pass on the knowledge and programs/systems, in a step by step way so any new emerging country has a plan in place. To help promote, engage government, grassroots programs, social programs, school programs, create leagues, high level pathways. I don’t think they get that. That is what emerging nations need.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Given the NRL grant now more than covers all salary payments its a bit of a stretch for clubs to claim they are the ones paying players.

Its like the lady who hands out the paychecks at the end of each month telling the workers "you owe me for this".

Nah mate, your just the middleman.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
They're like ladies of the night. Give them a bit of coin and they'll gladly fulfil our international league pleasures.

It's stupid. What they don't see is that if we take advantage now of what the likes of Tonga achieved, you will expand markets and tap into new markets which only increase their revenue making capacities.

One thing NRL clubs are never short of its myopia.

Actually the one that shits me most is when players whinge that RL doesnt have as good an international scene as RU, then refuse to play the Rep footy that IS available.

Then again, these blokes are paid to simulate car crashes with the head every week. Long term thinking probably isnt their strength...

Coastbloke

Bench
Actually the one that shits me most is when players whinge that RL doesnt have as good an international scene as RU, then refuse to play the Rep footy that IS available.

Then again, these blokes are paid to simulate car crashes with the head every week. Long term thinking probably isnt their strength...

:joy:

siv

First Grade
Soccer is still our best model for balancing domestic requirements v internationals