What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL FINALS CALCULATOR IS WRONG

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
2003 Winner 4 (Warriors) v Loser 2 (Canberra)

Play highest placed winner from week 1. Penrith Minor Premiers beat Brisbane 8th.

Translate this year based on Roosters win today:

Winner 4 Cowboys v Loser 2 Brisbane

Highest placed winner is Roosters.

So yeah. It's correct.

t-ba

Post Whore
This Macintyre system has about as much substance as an Onion Ruck...and all the associated Mistyque.

Impossible for 1 & 2 to play one another before the GF. regardless of their results, they fall on opposite sides of the draw after the first week.

Moffo,

What Im saying is that because the Bulldogs lost last night and providingh that the Roosters win today this is what will happen in the semis:

The winner of Strom V Bulldogs play the Roosters In the semi.

Thw Winner of Cows and Broncs play the Panthers in the semi.

Jake the snake said:
The Bulldogs started on the opposite side of the Draw.

Its just like last year the Highest Loser which was the Bulldogs played the storm and the winner of that that game which was the Bulldogs played the roosters in the semi.

See the Bulldogs and the Roosters were destines too meet in the GF but now that the Bulldogs have lost that is not possible now. Unless the Roosters lose today against the Raiders which is highly unlikely.

Last year there was ONE big difference. The Roosters were the second winners. The Roosters finished second not first. Penrith last year were minor premiers not the Roosters. If the results go the right way the GF qualifiers should be 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 which was the case last year.

I will re iterate that The Sydney Roosters and Canterbury Bulldogs cannot meet each other before the Grand Final provided they make it that far. The McIntyre system is specifically designed to avoid teams 1 and 2 being able to play before the GF.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
Moffo,

What Im saying is that because the Bulldogs lost last night and providingh that the Roosters win today this is what will happen in the semis:

The winner of Strom V Bulldogs play the Roosters In the semi.

Thw Winner of Cows and Broncs play the Panthers in the semi.

No dude. Last year Penrith were minor premiers and played the winner 4. v loser 2. See my previous post above and go back and think about last season.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Southern Rooster said:

I will re iterate that The Sydney Roosters and Canterbury Bulldogs cannot meet each other before the Grand Final provided they make it that far. The McIntyre system is specifically designed to avoid teams 1 and 2 being able to play before the GF.

Exactly. This thread is Gold :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
Forget it, the Continuous call team is Never wrong!

Why fight such a compelling, logical and sound argument!

Ilya

Juniors
I just checked it, if you look at the Mcintyre System diagram displayed on NRL.com, then Roosters (assuming they win today) will meet either the Storm or the Bulldogs in the Semifinal. It's either the diagram or the calulator that's wrong, cause it screws up the semifinal spots.

t-ba

Post Whore
Ilya said:
I just checked it, if you look at the Mcintyre System diagram displayed on NRL.com, then Roosters (assuming they win today) will meet either the Storm or the Bulldogs in the Semifinal.

Read it again :lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I just did the finals calculator. It's fine. The diagram I looked at this morning and it calculates correctly. :?: What's the problem???

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ilya said:
I just checked it, if you look at the Mcintyre System diagram displayed on NRL.com, then Roosters (assuming they win today) will meet either the Storm or the Bulldogs in the Semifinal. It's either the diagram or the calulator that's wrong, cause it screws up the semifinal spots.

The diagram doesn't say that. If the Roosters win today they are winner 1. If you look at the diagram it says Winner 1 plays the winner of the 1st semi final. The 1st semi final is a game between the 4th highest ranked winner and the 2nd hihest ranked loser. The Bulldogs are Loser 1 seeing they are the highest ranked loser.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
#-o

Seriously.....its not all that hard to work out. 1st and 2nd cannot play each other before the Grand Final. It is impossible.