What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nrl from the uk armchair

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I think this system needs to be punted. It doesnt change the fact that alot of the time the ref has no idea. So if he calls it wrong and theres no camera angle. You are screwed.

Better than before. Haven't been any real howlers this year in the matches I've seen. Before there used to be 2 or 3 howlers every week.

Harrigan

Juniors
do people still f**king believe this shit in 2014?

It's true compared to Super a League which is what the whole comparison was about. Yes, you get breaks from inside your own half and teams do throw it about if they have to but it's only as a last resort. That's not to say they don't pass the ball but it rarely goes more than 2 sets of hands. Why would you too? A mistake in your own half in the NRL is deadly. In the SL, not so much unless you're playing one of the top 5 teams.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
It's true compared to Super a League which is what the whole comparison was about. Yes, you get breaks from inside your own half and teams do throw it about if they have to but it's only as a last resort. That's not to say they don't pass the ball but it rarely goes more than 2 sets of hands. Why would you too? A mistake in your own half in the NRL is deadly. In the SL, not so much unless you're playing one of the top 5 teams.
i meant you saying ONLY the warriors do it? they haven't tried it constantly since 2005. that's eleven (11) years.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Oh, that part was tongue in cheek because of all the errors they make.

Sadly the majority of our errors in our own half come from basic one out plays that they still manage to consistently f**k up.

Hell, at this point I'd take a little bit of throwing the ball around in our own half. At least they'd be trying something.

bedlam breakout

Juniors
watched a few games this weekend, its clear billy slater is past his best, the young wests tigers fullback looks great though, whos reffing? the officials or the players? whats the point of debating it will never change a refs mind-get on with it or get marched back 10m that was the best way.

bedlam breakout

Juniors
one of the reasons I subscribed to the uk channel was to see the great -benny barba- how come he is total crap these days?:roll:

Hi Bedlam.

It's mostly because of playing for Brisbane who has a coach that has no creative ability apparently and probably coz his form has dropped massively as well.