What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Manager Layout Poll

Which Layout is Best?

• First Set

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Second Set

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tHe_MaC

Juniors
Hey Guys, myself and Priddo have made seperate layouts for the game and are unsure which to use, so please help us out and choose.
Also check the rosters in the next post aswell.

First Set:

s3.JPG

Second Set:

mainface.jpg

inertia666

Juniors
i gotta say its looking far better.

top layout - this is ok but the big red caps buttons look dead clumsy

2nd layout - quite stylish, like it

3rd layout - overal its ok placement wise but the background is far too loud and again the big red buttons

4th layout - not so loud and stylish

my suggestions are you take a look at other programs and take some notes. the biggest mistake i think you are making is not fading the backgrounds because they are way too intrusive.

http://users.on.net/paulhiggins/rlie

if you look at my site (not a major graphical master piece by anymeans) but you'll notice how the background keeps the graphical nature while not intruding with the text above it.

you've got the right idea with these blue background ones, don't be scared to keep it stylish and simple. all the extra pics and stuff don't do it justice. remember that the gamer will be spending hours on this most likely so if its too loud and flash it will become tiring to view. also remember to keep it consistent, don't use totally different designs from page to page, only minor changes.

inertia666

Juniors
ignore the poll, just heed the advice people give you because you're probably find you've got good bits and bad bits in everything.

inertia666

Juniors
well scroll bars are essential for the team list i would guess.

your biggest limitation is using VB, its crap app to skin. I can't stand it myself to be honest, find it quite annoying to work with.

it's generally quite hard to do any major improvements on the visual interface using this stuff if you aren't good at graphic design.

EWS

Juniors
I dont mind the scrollbars on the team list, but why does the second set have scrollbars just on the main part??

Other than that, I like the second set. Although stuff seems positioned better in the first one, more in line. Or if not in line, centred in between two lines if you knwo what I mean.

Second set looks a bit throw together. But the background and colours are better.

I cant choose!

P.S. if the post looks wierd its becuase it was basically taken off an MSN convo.

kizzsc

Juniors
hey
i like the grass background and buttons layout
but if that is the main page i think u should have a part
where it says

-how much money you have
-place team is coming on the ladder
-next round

i thinks this must be on the front page and when u go into the table,money,or the next round page it will just go into more detail

and also it will always be annoyin goin into the money page just to see how much money u have or goin to the draw page just to see who ur nect match is against

DAMAN89

Juniors
Hey, :lol:

Priddo u got good game so far. :D
it would be interesting if there was a Judicary, players getting Suspended for 1 week up to 10 weeks.

-would be good if there were fights like u dont see them or anything it juss tells u, and when u get suspended it tells u the reason....should be injuries.....
-training sesions...and players can get injured from training doing weights...
-players getting married..

thanks, tata

tHe_MaC

Juniors
Don't worry about the posistioning, it will be fixed up in the game if it is chosen, the 2nd set was done in photoshop with me moving all the buttons etc by hand so there is due to be a little bit of un eveness.

Matta

Juniors
tHe_MaC said:
Rosters in Second Set:
roster.jpg

1.80cm! That's a pretty short player! But apaprt from that I like the second set, but the one colour background does seem a tad bland. The thing I like about the first set was the grass... why can't you just mix both sets together?

EWS

Juniors
The thing I liked abut the second set was that i was crisp. If you put the grass there itll lose that.

PS I did the stats for the first set. :D

simostorm

Bench
The gameplay is the main concern,
but as regards to looks I prefer the first one cos it has more of a league feel,
and you need that if you'll just simulating.

Satts

Juniors
Well for the main screen Priddo made a mixture and the rest will be similiar to the second set. i think it looks good.

(ps im a friend of his thats how i've seen things....i've seen him working on it before and he showed me most of the screens he had done)

The thing looks good. I just hope his match engine stays as good as it was in his different version.