What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL marketing morons.

Chook

First Grade
What pony-tailed marketing halfwit made the decision to enforce the dress code of "Cocktail Attire" on footy fans attending the NRL launch last night? I mean gessus, we're footy fans. I said to the mate I was giong to the launch with we should wear cocktail dresses and see if we can get in.

Next year just let us wear our bloody club colours, it's not rocket science.

Chook.

Snappy

Coach
What pony-tailed marketing halfwit made the decision to enforce the dress code of "Cocktail Attire" on footy fans attending the NRL launch last night? I mean gessus, we're footy fans. I said to the mate I was giong to the launch with we should wear cocktail dresses and see if we can get in.

Chook.

Translation: Look everyone, I went to the season launch.

PS. I'm a bogan incapable of dressing for an occasion.

100%green

Juniors

Chook.

You don't like it then don't go. It's a professional event launching the Season to media, sponsors and fans. Who looks like the halfwit, you or them?

juro

Bench
Mate, its the season launch, not the game. Do you turn up to a wedding wearing stubbies?

ek999

First Grade

Chook.

White shirt with a blue and red tie and all of a sudden your in club colours. It also looks like you got a scarf thing for your team

Chook

First Grade
:lol: I'm being called a bogan by geniuss on a footy forum. You need lessons in irony.

We're footy fans you f**king idiots meaning we love to be seen in our jersey's not cocktail attire. And it's the launch of the footy season, not a cocktail party.

Chook.

Danish

Referee
What kind of self-respecting easts fan doens't own at least 3 different kinds of dinner suits that would have been suitable for the occasion?

Lucky I brought my spare monacle with me to work today

gronkathon

First Grade
:lol: I'm being called a bogan by geniuss on a footy forum. You need lessons in irony.

We're footy fans you f**king idiots meaning we love to be seen in our jersey's not cocktail attire. And it's the launch of the footy season, not a cocktail party.

Chook.

Maybe the first Footy Show of the year is more your speed chump

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Chook.

I'm a footy fan, I like wearing my jersey. Yet, I still have the brainpower to understand when and when it is and isn't appropriate to dress a certain way.

Oh and...

":lol: We're getting called geniuss by a bogan on a footy forum. You need lessons in irony."

See how that works.

That's called a lesson in perception, and my perception tells me you have very little understanding of the concept.

Springs

First Grade
f**k off ya suits, we should be allowed to wear our thongs, board shorts and f**king lip rings to whatever we feel like!

betcats

Referee
images

I have a feeling Chook wears his footy jersey to bed

Only at the back end of last year and for this year though.

When SBW leaves and the Roosters go back to being shit in 2015, he'll hop off the bandwagon, just like all the other Roosters "fans" and go back to supporting the Thwans or the Waratards again.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I actually agree with chook. We're meant to be about displaying passion and this 'tribalism' within the sport. Having fans turn up in Club colors should be encouraged