What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL marketing morons.

Valheru

Coach
Another one here.

I don't mind this idea though, let the fans wear what they would wear to the footy. I would also like players to turn up to all events in their playing gear because that is what they wear at the footy too. Headgear and strapping included

Yeah that would work, ever been to a souths home game?

no name

Referee
image.jpg

Looks like you f**ked up by not going Chooky boy.
Plenty of jerseys and team colours.

Edit: can't really see in the photo but lots of jerseys worn.

Last edited:

Chook

First Grade
A royal reception would be White Tie or Morning Jacket standard of dress.
A movie premiere would be formal.

What do you wear to a wedding? Seriously.

Stupid question unless you're inviting a bunch of footy fans to it.

Chook.

newman

First Grade
Stupid question unless you're inviting a bunch of footy fans to it.

Chook.

I seriously resent the implication that "footy fans" of which myself, my family and my mates happen to be, are incapable of dressing and behaving appropriately at a function. Where do you draw the conclusion that "footy fans" are only interested in wearing footy jerseys? I've been a footy fan all my life. I own and have only ever owned ONE jersey and would never be caught dead wearing it to any other occasion than the football. Even then I wont wear it if I am going to pub/restaurant before or after. Most of my mates are the same.

Springs

First Grade
Chook you better not go to the next Roosters Hall of Fame Dinner then, those events are Black Tie.

What?! But it's a footy thing not a G-20 Summit!! We should be allowed to wear footy shorts to it!

FFS even my bush club end-of-year presentation has a collared shirt-good pants type dress code. It's not hard. I have tons of footy jerseys that I wear to the footy, training and casual occasions. I also have tons of good shirts, pants, suits and ties that I wear to appropriate events.

Flapper

First Grade
It's season launch, it's meant to look professional for christ sake. This is up there with one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen. I mean f**king honestly, how f**king amateurish would we look as a code and a sport if the dress code was footy jerseys and casual footwear?

Chook

First Grade
I seriously resent the implication that "footy fans" of which myself, my family and my mates happen to be, are incapable of dressing and behaving appropriately at a function.

No one talked about behaviour so don't bring it up.

Where do you draw the conclusion that "footy fans" are only interested in wearing footy jerseys?

Geese I dunno, perhaps because we were asked to attend a footy function?

I've been a footy fan all my life. I own and have only ever owned ONE jersey and would never be caught dead wearing it to any other occasion than the football. Even then I wont wear it if I am going to pub/restaurant before or after. Most of my mates are the same.

A fan all your life and you have one jersey? How old are you, one season?

Chook.

Chook

First Grade
It's season launch, it's meant to look professional for christ sake. This is up there with one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen. I mean f**king honestly, how f**king amateurish would we look as a code and a sport if the dress code was footy jerseys and casual footwear?

There were jersey's there after all idiot, how stupid do you feel now.

Chook.

newman

First Grade
A fan all your life and you have one jersey? How old are you, one season?

Chook.

Yes. I have one jersey. A retro 1989 Aussie Duct Sharks jersey I bought about 10 years ago. A cotton one. I had it altered so it fits better and I wear it about twice a season only to games. I was given a signed jersey for my 30th but I framed it and hung it in the man cave. I can't for the life of me work out why anyone would want to wear one of those modern polyester jobs plastered with logos. They look and feel like shit. At least those older jerseys served a purpose in keeping you warm. There are far more stylish ways to support your team.

betcats

Referee
So why have the stupid dress code if it wasn't going to be enforced.

Chook.

Because if there wasnt a dress code theyd have f**ktards like yourself showing up in thongs and footy shorts to go with the jersey.

Now go and have a shower, filthy merkin.

seanoff

Juniors
tsk111_medium.jpeg

replatformOverlays

19182-sydney-roosters-2013-premiers-cufflinks-740.jpg

get a navy suit, a white or even light blue shirt, some decent shoes

and dress like a grown man, not a 10 year old.

Chook

First Grade
Yes. I have one jersey. A retro 1989 Aussie Duct Sharks jersey I bought about 10 years ago. A cotton one. I had it altered so it fits better and I wear it about twice a season only to games. I was given a signed jersey for my 30th but I framed it and hung it in the man cave. I can't for the life of me work out why anyone would want to wear one of those modern polyester jobs plastered with logos. They look and feel like shit. At least those older jerseys served a purpose in keeping you warm. There are far more stylish ways to support your team.

I agree about the old cotton jersey's.

My original point was the dress code was stupid and fans should have been allowed to wear their jerseys and as it turned out they were, so my point was valid.

Chook.

newman

First Grade
Almost everyone unanimously disagrees with you that the dress code was "stupid". Just because a bunch of like minded bogans chose to ignore a gazzeted and clear dress code and wear a footy jersey to an evening event, doesn't prove the dress code was "stupid". All you've done is paint yourself as a brain dead bogan and reinforced the stereotype that RL fans are uncultured simpletons. Well done.

_Johnsy

Referee
I think Chook has a twin
regregan_narrowweb__300x370,2.jpg

If this bloke can make an effort, albeit a crappy effort. How hard cone it be Chook ?
collegehumor.1f4d3f2d1793b3625ac2552b71470bd2.jpg