What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL players in the ESL

Sugar

Bench
Does anyone have a list of ex-nrl players in the ESL and how long they are contracted for?
Sorry if there is another thread on this topic

bartman

Immortal
There was an article out over here with this info earlier in the season I think SM. Not sure it had contract dates though, things are pretty flexible here with loans to other clubs and some players swapping clubs mid-season etc.

I'll try and scan/retype it on the weekend...

Evil Homer

Staff member
You will probably recognise some of the names in the squads sticky at the top of this forum, but no contract dates or anything. I'm not sure there's much chance of you getting that info, but as Bartman says contracts tend not to mean too much here nowadays.

deluded pom?

Coach
Evil Homer said:
You will probably recognise some of the names in the squads sticky at the top of this forum, but no contract dates or anything. I'm not sure there's much chance of you getting that info, but as Bartman says contracts tend not to mean too much here nowadays.

Especially when they don't have a signature on them.

bartman

Immortal
Sorry spilt milk, can't place that article I thought I had... must've been in a weekly paper throwaway? But the import issue gets written about a lot over here.

And good point EH, there's so many when you look through that thread! Maybe in next season's squad thread we could indicate nationalities too?

jed

First Grade
bartman said:
Maybe in next season's squad thread we could indicate nationalities too?
Nationalities don't mean too much either, even Aussies and Kiwis are signed as European players to get around quota restritions.

jed

First Grade
Bulls players from the NRL:
Ben Harris, Shontayne Hape, Lesley Vainikolo, James Evans, Joe Vagana, Glenn Morrison, Ian Henderson, Chris McKenna, David Solomona.

I think that's all.

buccaneer

Juniors
Saints players:
Jason Cayliss, Matt Gidley, Willie Talau, Francis Meli and up until he retired last week Jason Hooper.

deluded pom?

Coach
Hull F.C. players:
Matt Sing, Motu Tony, Richard Swain, Hutch Maiava, Sid Domic, Shane McMenemy?, Willie Manu.
Not sure if McMenemy played first grade at Wests.

jed

First Grade
jed said:
Bulls players from the NRL:
Ben Harris, Shontayne Hape, Lesley Vainikolo, James Evans, Joe Vagana, Glenn Morrison, Ian Henderson, Chris McKenna, David Solomona.

I think that's all.
Plus Tame Tupou now.

Woo-hoo, we're still in the lead! :lol:

madred

Juniors
Salford Reds :-

Kevin McGuiness
Aaron Moule
John Wilshere
Luke Dorn
Michael Korkidas
David Gower
Grey Viane

Sibbit and Edmonson have played NRL, and finnigan was brought up in aus al be it never played first grade

mouse13

Juniors
Wigan Warriors:

Trent Barrett
Feka
Phil Bailey
Shane Millard
Mick Withers
David Piealiki
Pat Richards
Thomas Leuluai
Brian Fletcher

Harrison Hansen - Not played Nrl but Kiwi international (just)

roughyedspud

Coach
deluded pom? said:
Hull F.C. players:
Matt Sing, Motu Tony, Richard Swain, Hutch Maiava, Sid Domic, Shane McMenemy?, Willie Manu.
Not sure if McMenemy played first grade at Wests.

i don't think McMenemy did play first grade?? we (oldham) picked him up we he was in the wests reserve grade team in the NSWRL..

deluded pom?

Coach
roughyedspud said:
i don't think McMenemy did play first grade?? we (oldham) picked him up we he was in the wests reserve grade team in the NSWRL..

I never realised he'd played for the Ruffyeds spud. I thought he first played for Halifax. Ah well you live and learn.

deluded pom?

Coach
getdownmonkeyman said:
Warrington:

Henry Fa'afili
Brent Grose
Chris Leikvoll
Paul Rauhihi
Vinnie Anderson
Michael Sullivan

Is Michael Monaghan being released straight away or contracted from next season only?

Latest posts