What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Racism Row - Tahu called Knights Players Red Necks

Chook Herron

Juniors
Being that the victims are in this case white, the apologists and self-loathers will shoot them down in a heartbeat. The Knights players would feel socially pressured to remain silent. Afterall Tahu would be considered socially justified to lash out at his oppressors

Alex28

Coach
hmmm ok if this is true then why cant the knights players come out themselves instead of going to someone to get it out anonymously...lol at least tahu has actually come out and denied it himself.

either way i doubt he said anything. he is an aggressive player without this issue anyway..so yeh tbh his send off was always going to happen no matter WHICH team parra were playing that week
The club elected not to make an issue out of it, so the players would not be allowed to come out and say anything about it. For the media to make an issue out of it, they would have to use the terms "insider" and "anonymous". I thought that would be pretty simple to think of.

Love the denialists here (all outsiders of the Knights forum) who think because there are no names mentioned it must not have happened. Also love the excusing of racism because he is an "aggressive player".

So...what if Joey is an "aggressive motivator"? Makes his racism OK then by your standards!

stuke

Bench
so if that's the reason how did Johns escape with little attention. cause if anyone can be accused of being a tool, Johns is the man.

cram

Bench
Not sure what papers u have read but johns has copped plenty, and not without cause.

However, taking a stand is not an excuse for bad behaviour on Tahus part.

Tahu's alleged remarks are made to look all the more dubious by the fact that we signed a Tongan and a Papuan in the space of a week. Why would we buy into the bloke's clearly warped mind. If he somehow thinks the current knights side in anyway has made a single contribution to Johns' mindset then he has deadset lost the plot.

Spot On

Coach
I keep hearing that Tahu is an "agressive player" yet he has done little on the field this season to suggest he is anything but overrated. This so called aggressive player has been shown up by his opposite number most weeks this season. A couple of shoulder charges doesn't cut it. This really aggressive attitude people say he has isn't helping him get over opposite centres. What he did v Newcastle wasn't aggressive - it was plain stupid. Daniel Anderson should set Timana a few hurdles to jump over - get his mind back on the job. I suggest putting him on the wing until he shows some kind of form because he sure as hell hasn't shown any playing in the centres. Put him on the wing and if he doesn't get in a do a bit of work then ... piss him off. He will hate playing on the wing but that's where he should be. Would love to see how he would react to that.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Johns set a poor example with his stupid speach.

If he is a deadset racist instead of being a deadset idiot, he shouldnt be in the game.

Alex28

Coach
I don't think anybody believes that he is a racist - in a game full of different cultures and races if he was racist it would have come out by now. An idiot he is, but he doesn't deserve to be run out of the game for something that half of the people in the game would have said in a throwaway kind of way at some stage.

Dave Q

Coach
I don't think anybody believes that he is a racist - in a game full of different cultures and races if he was racist it would have come out by now. An idiot he is, but he doesn't deserve to be run out of the game for something that half of the people in the game would have said in a throwaway kind of way at some stage.

Yeah I understand, but apparently hed said these things before and Tahu had spoken to him before.

He mightve just been thinking that other people would like him if he was a racist, but having that kind of mind, its a strange thing.

My aboriginal friends didnt like it one bit.

Someone said he hasnt been well in the head for awhile now, no it was Matty Johns who said that.

Mattys own row was a joke, but this ones a bit more off.

Alex28

Coach
No offence, but your aboriginal friends might need to toughen up a bit. My aboriginal friends and workmates can see that it was a throwaway line said in the heat of the moment under the influence of alcohol.

And as you have already said...Johns has some issues inside his head. He might have said it before - he might not have. It's all just speculation - about as reliable as the accusations that appeared in RLW that the pro-Tahu sympathisers were quite happy to rubbish.

I appreciate that Tahu has taken a stand, but so far I see absolutely no winners in taking it. Tahu has lost, Johns has lost, Inglis has lost, and most importantly the game has lost. Actually Queensland probably benefited from it...

Latest posts