What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 10 2019 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
A fascinating round after the 'magic' one.

Tonight, will the Storm continue their blitz on the competition by blowing away the Tigers? I hope not. The Tigers are a team that desperately needs to break their finals duck. It's been barren since 2011. Yes, that long ago, and that game.

Jimmy Maloney looked bloody angry on TV the other night, being interviewed about the Panther's current woes. That can only mean one thing, they'll power back into contention tomorrow night against their bunnies, the Warriors. Bet everything on a crushing - season-saving - win at Penrith Park.

The Broncos are back in their comfy Friday night spot at home for the big clash with the competition leaders, the Roosters. Some tough calls have been made by Brisbane, including dropping James Roberts and Jamayne Isaako last week, and we'll see if it pays off long-term. Both are back in the side for tomorrow's game.

Titans v Bulldogs, spoon fight, unfortunately.

Raiders have lost BJ Leilua for the season and that was probably the difference between losing a close one and knocking-off the Chooks last week. If team's are serious though then they don't rely on one player and I don't think the Raiders will.

Cows need a quick 'give their season some spark' and they've got an interesting opponent to try it on with, the Eels, who were shell-shocked by the Storm last week.

Dragons v Knights is hard to tip. Surely the Dragons won't go zero from their last four? But the Knights are seemingly on the rise.

Sharks should beat an injury-ravaged Sea Eagles at Shark Park. However, Manly are gutsy this year, and Dessie's always got a wily plan. He's found a new lease on his NRL-coaching life this year.

Blair

Coach
Brisbane have found some mojo. 15-10 over Roosters. Payne Haas has 'arrived'.

Will be a great game next week at Mt Smart.

Panthers are in deep misery now.

Blair

Coach
Gee, Cleary Snr is copping it over on the Panthers forum.

He's a few weeks away from being the worst Ivan in Australia.

Etc, etc...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Panthers were absolutely disgraceful, I rate Ivan but something has seriously gone wrong there, they play with absolutely no passion or desire

You know a team isn’t there when they are making Jazz Tevaga look like Gordon Tallis with the ball in hand. The hook should have come straight out for Kikau as well for just standing there and watching Paasi score

Blair

Coach
The Panthers were absolutely disgraceful, I rate Ivan but something has seriously gone wrong there, they play with absolutely no passion or desire

You know a team isn’t there when they are making Jazz Tevaga look like Gordon Tallis with the ball in hand. The hook should have come straight out for Kikau as well for just standing there and watching Paasi score

They've all believed their 'super-talented' hype for years. They've offloaded 'trouble', such as Cartwright and Moylan, along with coaches, but the perceived negative culture remains. This year it's really been ramped up under Ivan Cleary.

He should never have ditched the Tigers to coach his 'superstar' son. I'm not death-riding them though, they're my local team and, obviously, as a Warriors fan, I have a soft-spot for Ivan.

JJ

Immortal
Didn't realise he was still involved, imagine the boys will be well up for the game

How good is JT?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I still don’t think when the whips are cracking anyone will get near the Chooks. They have had their top spine only once this season and have been blowing teams apart consistently without even putting together a full 80

JJ

Immortal
Yeah bit early to suggest anyone other than the Roosters is favourite

But Souths and Melbourne look like the only other teams in the race

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Ivan's son was definitely playing with passion and desire. Because it's his dads team, he goes hard. Perhaps too hard. I seen him flying off the D line trying to do hits. Might've been frustrated but you can't have your halfback angry and trying to do hits, that's not his game.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ivan's son was definitely playing with passion and desire. Because it's his dads team, he goes hard. Perhaps too hard. I seen him flying off the D line trying to do hits. Might've been frustrated but you can't have your halfback angry and trying to do hits, that's not his game.

The Paasi try summed it all up for me, soft as anything you’ll see and their biggest unit just stood aside and watched

Maloney tried hard to lead from the front as well, could see him at halftime telling them to put their shoulders into tackles and chased through that bomb and cleaned up roger but the forwards never followed

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
The Paasi try summed it all up for me, soft as anything you’ll see and their biggest unit just stood aside and watched
Yeah...to be fair to Kikau - there was three guys on Paasi and they met him 10 metres out, they should've tackled him 10 metres out. I guess thats just one example of, as you say - no passion, no desire.

Blair

Coach
Yeah...to be fair to Kikau - there was three guys on Paasi and they met him 10 metres out, they should've tackled him 10 metres out. I guess thats just one example of, as you say - no passion, no desire.

Penrith are more than welcome to 'turn their season around' next week. I'm not sure who they're playing.

At the game I noticed Mansour and Reagan were keen as mustard yesterday in NSW Cup. Ditto Kata, but I'll leave that for another thead.

Latest posts