What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 10 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Magic round! Anything's possible, here we go...

No game tonight, it all starts Friday with Canterbury v Canberra then the game of the round, I reckon, Manly v Brisbane. There's plenty of intrigue there, are the Sea Eagles ever going to 'click' this year? Is fast-starting Brisbane about to falter?

Saturday, I hope it's not ugly, but Penrith are angry and, man-to-man, they just look so much better than the Warriors. Sharks v Dolphins, the dreaded slide down the ladder awaits the new boys if they lose. The Storm v Rabbitohs is a potential grand final preview. Munster v Mitchell, a monster-mash, who's the least likeable?!

Sunday, the Tigers have a real chance to go three-in-a-row (bye included) against the fellow strugglers, the Dragons. Two coaches are sweating extra-hard here. Can the Cowboys beat a top-class side this year? The Roosters are trying to be that sort of opponent.

We close out with the Titans hoping to 'do it for Queensland' against the oh, so Sydney Eels.

Enjoy.

JJ

Immortal
Looking forward to Storm/Bunnies

In a strange way Dragons vs Tigpies interesting, both pretty ordinary, in terrible conditions and riding a bit of luck the Tigpies were special last week, but was it representative of anything real, or just a week where the conditions were a leveller, and the relatively rare occasion when Brooks plays like he was supposed to...

Campion

Juniors
How’s the pitch going to hold up? It looked like death last I saw it. How’s it gonna manage that many games?!

Blair

Coach
Now this looking like early fun.

Down 22-6 - and I'm saying the Gould/Ciraldo thing is not really delivering - but the Dogs are really hitting back. It's 22-18 now. The Raiders are skitterish, Rapana's dropped it on the first hit-up coming out of their own end.

Halftime and there looks like a cast of thousands out there patting down the divets!

Edit: 34-30, Raiders. Final. Good game. Where was Burton in that second last set? He didn't touch it.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
But catching the ball like amputees

4th ‘home’ game against Brisbane in Magic round on the trot, might want to hold onto the pill lads, especially with Sutton running things. Get an early night though

Blair

Coach
But catching the ball like amputees

4th ‘home’ game against Brisbane in Magic round on the trot, might want to hold onto the pill lads, especially with Sutton running things. Get an early night though
You're right back in the game bar the scoreboard! Still the halftime 20-nil.

Tom T is grimacing every time he moves.

Blair

Coach
Souths are looking kinda dominant. Good attack and no way through for the Storm.

As far as I can see they only have 13 on the field too.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Tigers vs St George is predictably a mix of good play punctuated by almost inexplicable moments of derp.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Let’s go Titans !

crack up there with the young winger chip and chasing Queen Gutho for the try rather than passing inside to Foran who would have strolled a hat trick in