What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 11 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
In the mid-part of the season now, post-Magic/pre-Origin 1, and the dust seems to have settled on the table.

Tonight, the Knights really do need a win, whereas the Broncos are going for five straight, including hammering some good sides.

Friday, Wests and Bulldogs, the latter will get a bounce after Barrett's departure! Or maybe the team liked him and will sulk for a bit? Either way, both sides need some points. It's getting dire down there on the ladder.

Eels v Sea Eagles, Parramatta needed a strong win last week, the sort that gets them talking premierships. Manly were abysmal, but Dessie always revs them up after a hiding. Match of the round, always.

Saturday, was the Warriors 30 points in 41 minutes a flash in the pan, against an opposition already clocked off? The Dragons are also needing points to stay in touch with the eight.

The Cowboys v Storm will show how serious third place on the ladder currently is, ditto the Roosters v Panthers. Those top-two teams can't really be challenged by the looks of things.

Sunday, Souths will look to play the full 80 minutes against a Canberra side that have experienced the joy of singing their team song after a game, as opposed to the rather contrived Viking song at the start.

The Titans might snatch a win against a Sharks side that was pretty poor last week. That will be good for the balance of the competition, which has been a serious issue all year.

Enjoy!

Blair

Coach
36-12, Broncos. Final. With no Reynolds.

Newcastle are just the pits, Ironically apt, being a coal mining place and all.

Last edited:

Benek

Juniors
I only saw the highlights, but the bunker may have outdone itself again for how they shafted the Knights last night. Absolutely atrocious calls that any slightly educated fan, player, or coach would know to be wrong. Who are these morons in the bunker and how are they allowed to keep playing from a different rule book than everyone else?

I love that we have a bunker. Just hate how often they call it wrong.

Blair

Coach
With my man Lodge gone from the Warriors I'm now fumbling around for my second team.

It's no longer Canberra. I know that now. I loved them back in the day, dropped them in '95, had a renaissance around the last few years, but feel a bit indifferent this year.

I live in the Penrith catchment but hate Penrith. They're too up themselves now, and have been for a few years now at least.

Blair

Coach
Leichhardt Oval for a Tigers home game is definitely on my bucket list. It's ramshackle, it's grassy, it won't be there forever.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tuipulotu is a very very handy player, another one that got away from the Warriors although the chooks probably threw a very good offer at him

I can’t stand Parra, especially the queen at the back so hopefully they can play for 80 mins tonight. Might have an even better chance of Cummins decides to referee both teams

Moses sent to bin, would like to see a closer look, as it looks like he tripped and balanced of Turbo when semi falling to gain balance, Turbo no really impeded that much. Need a clear replay. Seen much much worse let go. Seems a tough call. But as long as we get the C word from the bunker! I doubt it

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Moses sent to bin, would like to see a closer look, as it looks like he tripped and balanced of Turbo when semi falling to gain balance. Need a clear replay. Seen much much worse let go. Seems a tough call.
He yanked him before that, without that it is game over
Cummins couldn’t call it though, can only find a 6 again one way

I only saw the highlights, but the bunker may have outdone itself again for how they shafted the Knights last night. Absolutely atrocious calls that any slightly educated fan, player, or coach would know to be wrong. Who are these morons in the bunker and how are they allowed to keep playing from a different rule book than everyone else?

I love that we have a bunker. Just hate how often they call it wrong.
Sponsored by TAB? Ladbrokes? Sportsbet? Pointsbet?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Blow up the bunker I hear you say! :)

lol put Cummins inside it and go for it

another Parra try after a piggyback from him, he has whistled 9 infringements Parra’s way and none the other way, the 2 penalties he gave a blatant push in the back a try and the bunker came in, and he missed the pull back on Tom until the bunker said hi

Blair

Coach
A totally engrossing game, regardless of the bunker/reffing.

Have Manly any more points in them? Otherwise they'll need to grimly hang on to their 20-16 lead.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The press conference from Des will be interesting, one of the most disgraceful officiating efforts I’ve seen. 2 weeks in a row with no 6 agains, penalties 9-2 , 6 agains 5-0 tonight

Last 5 mins

Parra tackled over sideline, they found a penalty

Forward pass from Paulo, 6 again

kick chaser offside, bunker doesn’t bother looking, repeat set for Parra

Last edited:
Manly went a little crazy in the end, lifting tackles, high shots (yes slipping) forearms from Kapow (bunker didn't step in like Lodge). Turbo hurting shoulder not good either.
Garrick missed 2 goals tonight as well.

Blair

Coach
22-20, Eels. Final.

That was a real turnaround from Manly, they would've won with 13 left on the park at the end.

Fantastic Friday night footy. I'm not happy with Parra winning, as Manly played with spirit and backbone and got dudded by the officiating.

Latest posts