What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 14 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Round 14, backing up from the Blues Origin blitz.

Manly have it the worst, with their star Trbojevic brothers playing huge games in Townsville, with less than 48-hours to recuparate. Ironically, they're up against the Cowboys, but it's back in a freezing Sydney!

Sharks v Panthers. What was I saying about the team that has it worst? The Origin Panthers were all magnificent. They deserve a rest.

Saturday, and it's the Titans v Roosters, Rabbitohs v Knights, and the desperate Raiders against Brisbane. Looking at that set of games it just feels good to have club footy back.

Sunday, and the Storm are up against their (one time?) bogey team, the Warriors. As someone here said, unstructured footy by the Warriors is something Craig Bellamy had nightmares about. Will Nathan Brown send down the message to offload? The Eels are back, I think. They should handle the Tigers.

Monday is a holiday, and we have the Bulldogs and the Dragons to close out the round.

Enjoy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tom out for us, Jake and Daly will play

Panthers have confirmed Cleary, Luai, To’o, Capewell and 1 other won’t play

I never saw Bob Fulton play, the best I have seen for Manly are Cliff Lyons and Brett Stewart. Tom will eclipse them comfortably the way he is going, shame we won’t see him tomorrow

Blair

Coach
Lawton in, through the middle, as is expected from hooker.

Sixteen unanswered points now. 16-12, Manly. Foran going good too.

Blair

Coach
Now Croker in, off some nifty work by Suli.

Manly are running away with this first half. 22-12.

Edit, what's wrong with Qld rugby league? The defence is awful.

28-12, halftime. That's 28 unanswered points.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Call off halftime lol

Sick of hearing from Warren Smith about the record without Tom. Obviously he makes a huge difference but the injured list also includes Aloaia, Keppie, Sironen, Davey, Fainu, Goseiwski, Saddler, Schuster and Boyle from the forward pack

Lawton is a really good player

JJ

Immortal
Tom out for us, Jake and Daly will play

Panthers have confirmed Cleary, Luai, To’o, Capewell and 1 other won’t play

I never saw Bob Fulton play, the best I have seen for Manly are Cliff Lyons and Brett Stewart. Tom will eclipse them comfortably the way he is going, shame we won’t see him tomorrow
Penrith playing the long game, but as always Origin is a blight on the season

If Tom can avoid frequent injuries, well I don’t know, he’s f**king awesome

Blair

Coach
Shaun Johnson comes up big in the clutch

It was some old SJ spark alright. Not just the field-goal but also the break leading up to it. Cronulla were on the ropes before that.

Warriors fans should just remember the good times, I know I try to.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Roosters v Tits was entertaining. Roosters 30-4 after 55, Titans 34-30 after 73 then the Roosters score in the corner with 5 to go, Miss the conversion but Sam Walker comes up with the winner 35-34 with a min to go

Benji having a run at hooker for Souths

Blair

Coach
Roosters v Tits was entertaining. Roosters 30-4 after 55, Titans 34-30 after 73 then the Roosters score in the corner with 5 to go, Miss the conversion but Sam Walker comes up with the winner 35-34 with a min to go

Benji having a run at hooker for Souths
That sounds like agony for Titans fans.

I heard just now that Canberra haven't won at home since round one. That's something Ricky needs to fix pronto.

The ladder is getting a bit spooky for us Warriors fans. We really might need to win tomorrow, damn it.

Izz

Bench
Tonight I think I've seen the most forward pass I'll ever see outside of an american football game...

It was some old SJ spark alright. Not just the field-goal but also the break leading up to it. Cronulla were on the ropes before that.

Warriors fans should just remember the good times, I know I try to.
It's was also SJ defense that Panthers ran through for a try or 2.
But was a wobbley field goal that looked like a soccer kick, twisting and turning and going going over in the corner.

nswarrior

Juniors
It's was also SJ defense that Panthers ran through for a try or 2.
But was a wobbley field goal that looked like a soccer kick, twisting and turning and going going over in the corner.
SJ disappeared in the 2nd half and the Sharks let slip an 18 point lead - but he made a good play and the field goal in the last 2 minutes

JJ

Immortal
Ice is a different guy, showing what we knew he had… f**k you Kearney

Blair

Coach
The Dogs got up, good on them.

Rd 14 Ladder:

1623667043826.png

Surely the Broncos won't get two spoons in a row?