What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 15 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Is it too early to start eyeing other results and how they help your team? I'm thinking about the Warriors of course.

It's a long weekend in NSW, with games stretched over five days, it'll be an extra long weekdnd if your team loses early in the round!

Tonight, it's very watchable low-ranked fare, the Titans play Tigers. Friday, Canberra will be viking mad with Croker's 300th. This year I feel the Warriors are up to being party-poopers, previous years they'd go down without a fight. Manly v Redcliffe? Welcome to Brookie, Dolphins!

Saturday, St George went close last week v Panthers. On that form they can upset Souths. Brisbane are cocky, Walsh v Ponga is one to watch. The Roosters have a Cleary-less, but not clueless, Panthers. There's great depth at Penrith.

Sunday, the Storm v Sharks, is it the game of the round? They could meet up again in the finals but both teams are currently losing games that could upset their top-four expectations. Bellamy is going bonkers in the box, his side's errors are mounting up.

We close out Monday with typical Sydney fare, Bulldogs v Eels. My deep Parra mole says the club's livid with how disruptive Origin is and I don't blame him.

Enjoy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Is it too early to start eyeing other results and how they help your team? I'm thinking about the Warriors of course.

It's a long weekend in NSW, with games stretched over five days, it'll be an extra long weekdnd if your team loses early in the round!

Tonight, it's very watchable low-ranked fare, the Titans play Tigers. Friday, Canberra will be viking mad with Croker's 300th. This year I feel the Warriors are up to being party-poopers, previous years they'd go down without a fight. Manly v Redcliffe? Welcome to Brookie, Dolphins!

Saturday, St George went close last week v Panthers. On that form they can upset Souths. Brisbane are cocky, Walsh v Ponga is one to watch. The Roosters have a Cleary-less, but not clueless, Panthers. There's great depth at Penrith.

Sunday, the Storm v Sharks, is it the game of the round? They could meet up again in the finals but both teams are currently losing games that could upset their top-four expectations. Bellamy is going bonkers in the box, his side's errors are mounting up.

We close out Monday with typical Sydney fare, Bulldogs v Eels. My deep Parra mole says the club's livid with how disruptive Origin is and I don't blame him.

Enjoy.
Lol, Parra are hardly effected at all, 1 front rower, absolutely ridiculous. Maybe they should teach their lads how to behave themselves off the pitch

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
A poor crowd at Robina. It looks like they've thrown the towel in already.

Tigers fans will always turn up Leichhardt, I think!
From memory of my 1 trip to the stadium, it is a real mongrel to get to, so Thursday night is terrible scheduling for them

Did the ball carrying arm not touch the ground there for Tigers try? Come off the ground and get promoted forward? Momentum yea, but he still had to lift the arm to promote it over or to the line.

Blair

Coach
Brookie looks a picture. This will be good.

Edit: an early carve up for Manly. 14-0. Has Redcliffe's debut season burst its bubble?

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Party time at Brookie, they've posted fifty. The result was never in doubt it was just how much were Manly going to steamroll them by.

The Dolphins have conceded 80+ in their last two games away.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
1st game this season with the first choice backline, and they had a picnic. DCE was exceptional and created opportunity after opportunity. Will be fun to watch if this backline can stay on the park together, speed to burn and willingness to chance their arm

The Dolphins were pathetic though, Wayne will be seething at some of their efforts, in particular Niu barely chasing at all on any break made, and Fidow just jogging to a kick as Koula screamed past him to score. I wanted Garrick cut a few years back, has turned into a sensational player, into the centres and 30 points scored

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It’s only 4-0, but the Roosters don’t look good

Unfathomable to think of, but how many poor seasons by Roosters standards do we see before Politis loses patience with the coach