What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 19 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Nearly 75 per cent of the regular season is done, and it's over for a lot of sides in terms of playing finals footy. What do we do? Enjoy the stress-free ride home? Or latch onto another side with serious intent?

I'm doing both, sort of. A) the Warriors are finally gone and B) Canberra aren't really showing much more than winning a couple on the trot after a horror run. Tonight sees them facing Parramatta and that will show just how serious they are in making the eight.

Friday, Roosters v Knights. Easts are too injury-ravaged to win it this year and Newcastle are playing above themselves. The Storm will put the Cowboys in their place up in Townsville.

Saturday, the Rabbitohs will be too good for the Warriors, you'd think. One thing favouring the latter is how many straight games they've now lost, six! Surely it won't be seven? Luck might come into play here. Souths look the goods though and are premiership dark-horses.

The Sea Eagles have an awkward encounter with a Tigers outfit that might be enjoying some sunshine up in Qld, and the Panthers will continue the 'spoon x2 pressure on Brisbane.

Sunday, the Dragons need to win to stay in the eight whilst the homeside, Gold Coast, need to win to keep their season alive. That will make for a pretty entertaining game. The round closes out with the improved Bulldogs against a Sharks side that isn't quite putting it together this year. A win to the Dogs and a certain side that has never 'won' the 'spoon will get just that little bit uncomfortable.

Enjoy.

JJ

Immortal
Eels need Moses back…

Rapana is quite the enigma, but when he’s good, wow

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tossed up for 5mins on tipping that one, eventually ignored my gut, lesson learnt. I did the same with Roosters tonight so expect Knights to go well

Parra looking vulnerable with Chooks, Souths, Manly, Storm and Panthers still to come in their run home

Blair

Coach
Tossed up for 5mins on tipping that one, eventually ignored my gut, lesson learnt. I did the same with Roosters tonight so expect Knights to go well

Parra looking vulnerable with Chooks, Souths, Manly, Storm and Panthers still to come in their run home
A Manly v Parra sudden-death final. Bring it!

Blair

Coach
The Cows leading the Storm 12-10 on the hour mark. It can't be!? But the truth is Melbourne have been off their game and have been playing in second gear all night.

nswarrior

Juniors
The Cows leading the Storm 12-10 on the hour mark. It can't be!? But the truth is Melbourne have been off their game and have been playing in second gear all night.
And the ref and linesman must have money on the Cowboys - try to the Cowboys with 4.5 mins to go although the pass was 2 metres forward

Blair

Coach
The Storm must save a bit on their laundry bill. That white/greyish/blueish/pinkish jersey basically looks like a white jersey that's been washed regularly with any old colour! My mum would be horrified.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Manly have been crap tonight, says a lot about the Tigers

Will leave my boy Harper out of it though, has had a stormer, wonder if he is a kiwi

Blair

Coach
The Panthers are doing the Dogs and Warriors a favour re the spoon. A Broncos win here would've been huge in that context!

Blair

Coach
Johnson's off with a hamstring strain, looks like a few weeks, unfortunately. The Sharks need him for that top-eight battle and, today, it was a great opportunity to let rip versus the dazzled Dogs.