What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 25 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
The Panthers ended up walking over the GC, as expected, but down in the 'Gong things are more interesting, 24-18, Dragons! Second-half.

Edit: 24-all. The good sides always comeback when it's on the line. But, still, the Dragons fans must be going wild.

Bugger, 38-28, Storm. Final. The Dragons had a good crack and the Storm's f/a didn't dent ours.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Sometimes I look at an old team list - or pictures, words, videos - and I think 'gee, what ever happened to him?' 95% of them seem to just 'disappear' once they've played their last game of NRL footy.
That makes sense though- unless they get a career in media or coaching they just go back to being regular blokes with regular jobs. I work with three guys who were top grade regulars for years. Now you wouldn’t know what they were doing unless you worked with them or were their neighbors or something.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah that’s the way a lot of them want it to be too, Steve Matai is a good example. As soon as he finished playing he packed the family up and moved out of town, and doesn’t even communicate with ex teammates now as he just wants to be off the grid

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah that’s the way a lot of them want it to be too, Steve Matai is a good example. As soon as he finished playing he packed the family up and moved out of town, and doesn’t even communicate with ex teammates now as he just wants to be off the grid
I think Simon Mannering was similar- last I heard he had wanted to become a builder or something after retiring, nothing to do with footy.

Blair

Coach
The Knights roll the Bunnies in front of a packed Newcastle Stadium and a second-half blitz by Canberra holds off the Dogs.

Rd 25 Ladder:

1692537066009.png

There's one spot for eighth now! With three after it.

Viva Espana! Those 'Palmy' girls did good!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I think Simon Mannering was similar- last I heard he had wanted to become a builder or something after retiring, nothing to do with footy.
Yeah he buggered off to Aussie so he wouldn’t be recognised as much, but ended up being involved in coaching the Broncos women’s side

Blair

Coach
All is clearly not well at Redfern.
There's resentment about Mitchell and Walker getting preferential treatment, i.e. Walker's accused of leaving training sessions if he didn't get his way and Mitchell looking like he had a big night the Wednesday before such a huge game against Newcastle.

I'm glad we're not playing them this week though as they'd probably come out and hammer us!

Blair

Coach
The Cowboys couldn't get up for Taumalolo's 250th. It true, ay, these games don't always deliver.

Latest posts