What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 26 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Ref seems to accepted a brown paper bag from Broncos in last 15mins I watched.
I would love to hear those words come out of Sticky's mouth at the post-match!

All today's games went to script, which is a shame, as this season has sprung quite a few surprises.

GoSouths

Juniors
Joey Tapine at the end there lol. Smashed em Bro.
A few players in the league would have enjoyed watching that.

Any one getting the feeling that the long cutout pass to the wing that Walsh used so effectively when he was WITH us, is going to be used very effectively AGAINST us - if we play the Broncos. (Marcelo im looking at you)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Sticky can’t accept that his players and his coaching haven’t been up to par, it’s not a one off situation. Where was his crying after they beat the Tigers off a woeful call and also earlier in the year beat the Dolphins in golden point off a ref error. Without those calls, they aren’t in the 8

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Will also say I find it bizarre that he made the ridiculous call earlier in the year to not play Croker in a game so he could play his 300th at home, then in Crokers final home game, benches him and gives him 3mins when the game is done

JWH won't be playing for Kiwis, got 2 charges carrying up to 6 weeks in total.
High shot and headbutt.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
JWH won't be playing for Kiwis, got 2 charges carrying up to 6 weeks in total.
Late shot and headbutt.
So he'll miss the finals if the Roosters get there. I have two unpleasant thoughts in regard to them and Souths.

I'd hate us to lose to either of them again this year - particularly now, with so much at stake - but, on balance, I'd take Easts over an angry, point-to-prove, Mitchell/Walker-inspired Souths.

I think.

Blair

Coach
Need to get Rabs out of retirement today for the Manly debutant so we can hear him say his name, can see him becoming a cult hero

Gordon Chan Cum Tong
I hope it's not culturally insensitive if we just call him CCT on here?

Anyway, he's on the field, and Manly are going alright too. 16-6, halftime.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Bulldogs are absolutely disgraceful

the softest tries you’ll ever see given up. Kikau is bludging for his paycheque and Burton is pedestrian as well

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Koula and Saab together in open space is a beautiful thing

Garrick did a great job filling in at 1, but Koula should have been there

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Bulldogs are absolutely disgraceful

the softest tries you’ll ever see given up. Kikau is bludging for his paycheque and Burton is pedestrian as well
Guess you’re not too happy at the 24 points the Dogs finished with but the Manly attack definitely looked good.

Blair

Coach
42-24, Manly. Final. Well, that was an entertaining mess of a match! CCT got his first points too, a nice gesture from Cherry-Evans to gift him two in front.

CCT is of Chinese-Samoan descent, if anyone's curious. He's from Western Sydney and came up through the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles NSW Cup side.

Blair

Coach
Now for the biggie, Newcastle at home to Cronulla...let's hope the Nobbys Beach Crew v the Bra Boys wasn't a warm up act!*

*local surf gangs, for those not in the know.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Carn Newy, bring me home a profit on the punt this week and keep in in pole position for the tipping comp at work!!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Guess you’re not too happy at the 24 points the Dogs finished with but the Manly attack definitely looked good.
Not too concerned, sloppy but so many troops out I’ll take anything lol, pretty much the reserve grade backline

Trbojevic, Saab, Garrick, Koula, Paulo, Brooks, Cherry-Evans could be an exciting backline to watch in round 1 next year