What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL season opener: The crowd

iggy plop

First Grade
I believe the Tigers v Dragons' blockbuster at Telstra Stadium on March 10 has the potential to draw one of the biggest NRL crowds for a standalone club match in Sydney for a while.

I reckon if we can get a fine night 45,000 is not out of the question.

What do you guys think?

effnic

Bench
Dont really care about the crowd size. Just want some FOOTBALL. Watching friday night football on march 10th will fell like xmas eve when i was a kid awaiting the next day.

The Preacher

First Grade
I think it will draw about 35,000 Iggy. I suppose a lot will depend on the number of "freebies" issued and the weather.
A lot of people will go and watch anyone if it's free but, nobody likes going in the rain.

legend

Coach
7,000. Two dud clubs who have grim prospects for 2006 and beyond so I think fans will stay away in droves. Can't say I blame them either.

The Preacher

First Grade
legend said:
7,000. Two dud clubs who have grim prospects for 2006 and beyond so I think fans will stay away in droves. Can't say I blame them either.

Just about time for you to give up the drink and drugs, Leg end. [-X

The equivalent crowd last year, Dogs vs. Dragons, was 33,105. I believe that was a record home ground for the Bulldogs.

You'd think we're looking at a similar figure for the season opener this year.

Around the 30k mark.

The NRL has disgraced itself in the lack of promotion, we arent even on the sides of buses this year let alone TV.

Well done Dave!

nqboy

First Grade
I'd be happy with 40K. Less than 30K would be disappointing.

And yeah, let's see some promotion.

40k would be good. As for promotion - has there actually been any on FTA TV? The only ad i can recall is the one they always have on fox sports which features Todd from LifeSupport...

Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
40k would be good. As for promotion - has there actually been any on FTA TV? The only ad i can recall is the one they always have on fox sports which features Todd from LifeSupport...

No yet the AFL ads are very prominent and quite well done actually hopefully to many kids wont be suckered into joining the AFL by it.

gr8_1

Juniors
Depends if the so called Dragons Army show up ... they've been missing since Mundane left.

dragondad

First Grade
Im in the NRL ad and it hasnt come out yet! Im waiting for it even though they put me in the Manly section :p

OVP

Coach
Sir Knight82 said:
Around the 30k mark.

The NRL has disgraced itself in the lack of promotion, we arent even on the sides of buses this year let alone TV.

Well done Dave!

The Roosters are. Everywhere in the Eastern suburbs and the Souths fans are whinging :lol:

Latest posts