What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL should sign AFL Brown

Chook Norris

First Grade
my reaction:

Picture%2031.png

El Diablo

Post Whore
who?

sorry but i can't see any AFL player being able to make the cut in Rugby League

would be a waste of money

bomberman

Juniors
Whether they could handle it or not i dont know, but the point being, i think it would generate so much publicity which would be worth the money alone, if he was playing in Melbourne it would bring new fans to the game.

I think Kharmichael Hunt has worked great for the AFL and i dont see why
the NRL couldnt try it. Only issue would be, would any AFL have the balls to try and play League?

Mal Meninga should focus on more important issues, like trying to convince Lang Park to serve XXXX Summer for those of us who cannot stomach XXXX Gold.

adamkungl

Immortal
The only thing I've read today dumber than that article is the comments beneath it. f**k em AFL fans are the dumbest merkins on the planet.

adamkungl

Immortal
Whether they could handle it or not i dont know, but the point being, i think it would generate so much publicity which would be worth the money alone, if he was playing in Melbourne it would bring new fans to the game.

I think Kharmichael Hunt has worked great for the AFL and i dont see why
the NRL couldnt try it. Only issue would be, would any AFL have the balls to try and play League?

Or we could, you know, NOT cheapen our game with shameless embarrassing publciity stunts. The AFL will get what they deserve with cutie and Folau. Folau will be back playing League before his contract is due to run out, and a very rich man for it. cutie will probably f**k off to Union once no AFL club offers him a second contract because he's shithouse. GWS and GC will still crash and burn

user_nat

Coach
What position would he play?
I assume he can kick fairly well, but that doesn't make him hugely useful if he can't pass or tackle.

babyg

Juniors
Seriously what was Mal thinking writing that shit. Don't give the haters ammunition.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Even if we wanted to, we'd never be able to afford it. To lure a decent AFL player we'd need well over a million a year now, under their new tv rights deal, it'll be closer to 2 million. No team has that much capspace for a publicity stunt and unlike the AFL, the NRL will never give a team that much of a concession because Gallop and Co love the overly strict cap too much.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Even if we wanted to, we'd never be able to afford it. To lure a decent AFL player we'd need well over a million a year now, under their new tv rights deal, it'll be closer to 2 million. No team has that much capspace for a publicity stunt and unlike the AFL, the NRL will never give a team that much of a concession because Gallop and Co love the overly strict cap too much.

they could easily afford one if they wanted to. AFL players don't earn $1 million a year ffs

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl-rich-list-revealed/story-e6frg1wu-1226017619147

Latest posts