What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL slaps Politis with $20,000 fine

aussielegend77

Juniors
so what if the afl fined them, doesn't mean i agree with that either, neither do the fans in melbourne, plus the AFL had to make money back some how for not fielding a melbourne team in the final didn't they.

aussielegend77

Juniors
I quote the great spider everitt with this

"have you ever heard a player come of the field complaining about a fight"

no its just the bitches in the media or administration not the peolpe actually putting in the hard work on the field they go home lick the woundas and get ready for the next game

El Diablo

Post Whore
aussielegend77 said:
so what if the afl fined them

Didn't you just go on about how AFL fans were passionate?

Didn't you say fines in RL are making it decline in popularity?

Do you have any idea what your point is?

JW

Coach
aussielegend77 said:
look at the passion in melbourne for the afl teams thats passion for the sport.

image.gif

El Diablo

Post Whore
aussielegend77 said:
there is a difference

getting fined for an illegal act as in fighting or getting fined for your opinion

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10156633-23209,00.html

Thomas fined $5000
July 16, 2004

THE AFL handed St Kilda coach Grant Thomas a suspended $5000 fine today after his criticisms of the tribunal.

St Kilda received a full $5000 fine from the league last week a day after Thomas' comments.

Speaking after three of his players were suspended during the one sitting, Thomas said the Saints were "disillusioned", "gun-shy" and "confused" with the tribunal.

The penalties were the same handed out to Collingwood and their coach Mick Malthouse last week after his earlier criticisms of the tribunal.

AAP

Guess that makes your AFL ramblings look kind of stupid.

aussielegend77

Juniors
how ignorant are you to say AFL fans dont have passion for there sport.

I was born and raised on rugby league but im a realist and to say rugby league fan are more passionate then AFL is ridiculous. even i know when im beaten. I stopped putting shit on AFL fans after the super league debarcle because rugby league hasnt been the same since.

AFL fans go off they get in the faces of the opposition any chance they get. they make HOME GROUND ADVANTAGE a real advantage like it is supposed to be. RUGBY LEAGUE fans today are to timid.

JW

Coach
Homeground + AFL Clubs = Non-existent.

This is 2004, not 1994 #-o

Cheers.

El Diablo

Post Whore
aussielegend77 said:
how ignorant are you to say AFL fans dont have passion for there sport.

I was born and raised on rugby league but im a realist and to say rugby league fan are more passionate then AFL is ridiculous. even i know when im beaten. I stopped putting sh*t on AFL fans after the super league debarcle because rugby league hasnt been the same since.

AFL fans go off they get in the faces of the opposition any chance they get. they make HOME GROUND ADVANTAGE a real advantage like it is supposed to be. RUGBY LEAGUE fans today are to timid.

Why did you bring up AFL?

The topic is on fines and now that it appears the players and coaches in AFL are fined it makes anything you have said about them pointless.

aussielegend77

Juniors
and you watch all the fans get behind there coaches down there for making the comments, and i bet the next time the two teams play they will remind there fans and players about the travesty of justice against them at the tribunal and they use that to fire up.

rugby league lost its edge when they started to market the game worrying about mothers letting there kids play the game.
newsflash to NRL mothers have let there kids play rugby league for nearly 100 years you dont have to soften it up to put it on tv, just because we all know TV is todays PARENTAL SUBSTITUTE

aussielegend77

Juniors
so answer me this do you think coaches and players should be allowed to comment on the performance of a referee or the judiciary rulings.

KFC

Juniors
Gunna Matter said:
Does this mean no Moet Chandon on grand final night? May I suggest Passion Pop.

No the Moet will be flowing it'll just be a newer vintage.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
aussielegend77 said:
LET ME TELL YOU HOW MR DEVIL WORSHIPPER FINES HAVE DECLINED RL.

back in the day coaches were interviewed after the game by the media and if they thought the referee stuffed up they would say so, the media would print it and every one would talk about it all week. the losing fans would feel they were hard done by and whinge and complain thinking they were robbed. all this sort of speculation whether a referee stuffed up or not, whether it impacted on the game etc would play on the teams and the fans minds until they played each other again, the next time you would be garanteed a great game the media would talk it up all week leading into the game, fans would get excited constantly reminded how they were robbed last time players fired up passion excitement ATTENDANCE ATMOSPHERE. NOT today once the whistle sound these days thats the last you hear of that match unless some one goes to the judiciary. there is no passion in the game anymore no rivalry's like the good old days (MANLY vs WESTS) when it didnt matter if it was the last round of the comp and they were second last and last on the table and game had no impact on the finals you were still garanteed and massive game cause they hated each other but still had a beer together afterwards.

by censoring coaches and players comment s about the game you give the fans nothing to build up passion about.

look at the passion in melbourne for the afl teams thats passion for the sport.

Mate you are a deadset dunce. What are you on about.