What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL stars align in team for the ages

The 18th Man

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lign-in-team-for-the-ages-20101204-18knf.html

The team isn't listed, someone may post it in the thread. A couple GLARING inclusions was that of Karmichael Hunt on the bench and Sonny-Bill Williams starting in the back row - really? Brilliant young players who did it all and then some though their inclusion in my view leaves out more worthy inclusions. I could make some case for SBW on the bench. At his best - draw droppingly good. We just didn't see enough of it which is why I don't know if he starts. A bench spot?

Discuss.

Edit: Team is as follows; Lockyer, Slater, Inglis, Gasnier, Minichiello, Fittler, Johns, Webcke, Smith, Civoniceva, Tallis, SBW, Kennedy Res; Hunt, Wiki, Morley, Menzies Coach; Bennettt

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Parra fans are going to snap in 3...2...1...

Oh and before they begin, where is Price?!

Joke list.

Loudstrat

Coach
And what is that team based on? Some random team taken from post SL Origin? Charmayne Pavlisi's most famous blow jobs?

Lol Hunt on the bench over Craig Wing? I can't really argue with SBW even if he was only in the game a short time he was the best player going around when he dogged it.

Moffo

Referee
hard to argue with SBH...as much as he is a massive merkin, he was also the best player in the game when he left

D

Deleted member 10972

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lign-in-team-for-the-ages-20101204-18knf.html

The team isn't listed, someone may post it in the thread. A couple GLARING inclusions was that of Karmichael Hunt on the bench and Sonny-Bill Williams starting in the back row - really? Brilliant young players who did it all and then some though their inclusion in my view leaves out more worthy inclusions. I could make some case for SBW on the bench. At his best - draw droppingly good. We just didn't see enough of it which is why I don't know if he starts. A bench spot?

Discuss.

Edit: Team is as follows; Lockyer, Slater, Inglis, Gasnier, Minichiello, Fittler, Johns, Webcke, Smith, Civoniceva, Tallis, SBW, Kennedy Res; Hunt, Wiki, Morley, Menzies Coach; Bennettt

Two fullbacks on the wing?

Inglis?

SBW?

Hunt?

I would bring in Nathan Hindmarsh or Craig Fitzgibbon for SBW - the team seriously lacks a workhorse. Also considering Price in for either Wiki or Morley - although both represent their fellow countries, they basically are carbon copies of eachother, whereas Price offers a consistency they both lacked.

Craig Wing in for Hunt any day.

perverse

Referee
replace Hunt with Wing and Gaz with Hodges and i'd be happy with that team. a lot of blokes unlucky to miss out.

Hunt is a farce, though. i can't believe how much the media smoke that blokes pole.

Scarves

Juniors
Craig Wing was the best utility player of this decade, bar none. He was outstanding. I'm sure Karmichael Hunt lost his fullback position in the 2006 GF to Hodges, he doesn't make this team for me.

Hindmarsh can consider himself unlucky, so to Fitzgibbon and the clear argument is Sonny Bill's selection. But for me, in the short time he played, bloody hell, Sonny Bill left a massive impression, love him or not (and I don't) but he was a superstar and does just scrape into this line up in my thoughts.

Gasnier doesn't make my team ahead of Hodges or Lyon. Lyon has been outstanding all decade and made a super successful return from Superleague. Hodges was the best centre in the world for a while there, all while Gasnier was playing. Inglis is a safe bet I agree with. Personally I'd have gone with Hodges in a photo.

I understand the winger selections... so many star fullbacks this decade, but it plainly hasn't been a decade for wingers. None have shown longevity as stand out players and Slater and Mini's records are up there with the finest and had to make the team.

I can't argue with the front row or hooker or halves, and Lockyer is a must somewhere as a starter in the team.