What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL statement on declining a conversion attempt

mightypanther

Juniors

Panthers Interactive
May 28th 2007

http://www.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=462

The NRL has issued a statement about the right of teams to decline to attempt a conversion after scoring a try.
The statement - issued today - is as follows:

"The National Rugby League has today sought to end any doubt over the right of teams to decline a ‘conversion’, following yesterday’s match between the Tigers and the Panthers.

"Further reviews today confirm the official International Rule Book is ‘silent’ on the issue of whether a conversion must be taken. It is clear that if a conversion is attempted then that attempt cannot be by way of a ‘drop-goal’.

"Effective immediately, referees at Telstra Premiership level will adopt the interpretation that a team may decline a conversion attempt, but that it can do so only by way of the team captain approaching the referee and informing him of that decision.

"There will also be a submission made to the RLIF through the ARL that this process be adopted at an international rules level."

Back

BuBz81

Juniors
Penrith Panthers - Making waves in the NRL rule book :lol:

That's pretty much what I was thinking on Sunday... It's our two points if we choose not to kick the conversion and not get the two points it's not going to make a difference to the opposing team.

I don't think Wallace could do such a perfect kick so quickly again if he tried!! LOL :lol:

*Sandy*

First Grade
I was freaking out when he took the kick so quick. I watched the Sunday FTA taped version yesterday arvo and they did not say one thing about that. It was more about Gibbs getting in the way, Time Off and Hodgson arguing that it was ridiculous to call time off. I didnt notice that happening at the game. Just our boys trying to get on with the game without kicking the conversion.

LOL! They were worried.

Latest posts