What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL team: Trial v Newcastle Knights

BLM01

First Grade
Very true but show us something has changed from last year !
I'll make some comments when I see Charity Shield and Round 1 live from watching them in the Gong to see if 2019 is revisited. But the same coach what did you guys expect. I am expecting defence to be better thats all under Flanno.
Attack is Mary's footprint as he says he has footprints all over the building.

Slackboy72

Coach
Rava gets put into touch for the last play.

Knights had the lions share of possession. Goalline defence from dragons was good with one lapse.
Didn't see much of the dragons attack but it looked very much like the 2018 recipe of 6 and 7 linking a lot.

Crush

Coach
I'll make some comments when I see Charity Shield and Round 1 live from watching them in the Gong to see if 2019 is revisited. But the same coach what did you guys expect. I am expecting defence to be better thats all under Flanno.
Unless the team starts attacking really well and then that will be Flannos doing too.

SnowDragon

Juniors
My take, centres showing same issues as last year,
Wingers- Pereira solid, Rava maybe improved (catching under high ball).
Norman looks off a little, Hunt more solid.
Lomax looks ok at fullback so far.

Frizz treating more solidly than the other established forwards, but Tariq doing nice and Laurie looks improved.

fringe players in 2nd half could be interested. Particularly interested in any centres

SAP58

Juniors
Unless the team starts attacking really well and then that will be Flannos doing too.
IMO opinion Flanno cant do much with the side if it is picked as per last year especially the outside backs, the head coach has and will continue to pick the wrong side. The big positive out of that is he wont last long into 2020 !

kit66

Bench
Half time. 6all
Good points -
Our defence has been pretty good, some good work on our own line. Line speed could be better in Newc 20 - 30 mtr zone.
Zac at the back, chiming into the line in attack, looks good.
Bomb diffusal, Zac and Rava have done well.

Not so good -
Our forwards have no punch, hard to get out of our half.
Our kicking, not a total loss but a bit ordinary, Newc are getting the ball in good field position every time.
Periera offers little.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Some observations:

Lomax looks ok at fb still a little hesitant when ball in on the deck.
Lafai, son your time has come
Aitken one or 2 good runs but targeted in defense, interesting if the knights passes would have stuck.
Rava good try, but hands and thinking remain his issue
Periera nothing noteworthy
Hunt and Norman got better as the game went on.
Joe did some nice things but passing not crisp
Brittain you can see he is a natural hooker
All forwards were ok especially defensively, attacking mmmm.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Really? I thought Lovodua did well. I liked the way he took on the line before passing, and his defence looked good to me. A few passes weren’t so crisp.

I thought BB didn’t do anything right or wrong really.
Lovodua’s passes weren’t crisp at all for me and he missed a few tackles. BB had much crisper passing and better defence. He didn’t have any highlights but that’s all he needs to really to fill in until Cam is back. It’s noticeable to me that almost as soon as he come on we started going forward.

True_Believer

Juniors

Agreed. I've seen this before. in 17 and 18 we played horribly in the trials and then came out and blew teams away in the first half of the season. I think the plan is not to play as we will in the season proper, but to try out different things, players and combos.

I'm not going to make a judgement on the team until we start round 1. Pretty sure CS is going to be much of the same.

One thing I will say though is that the Frizz/Sims swap looks promising.