What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL The Game Of Snouts In Troughs

Old Timer

Coach
I was just listening to the radio and they were discussing the AFL Gather Round (the equivalent of our Magic Round) which is to be held in Adelaide 13-16 April.

Why is everything in NRL so much more expensive compared to the AFL?

Whether it be single game tickets, 3 day passes, merchandise or food the NRL shove the bushy end of the pineapple fair up our arse every time.

Some single game tickets to Gather Round are as low as $15 to encourage people to attend a game and 3 day passes $75 whereas NRL Magic Round is $99 for a 3 day pass and not even sure if you can get a single game ticket.

They AFL are playing at 3 different venues and are expecting crowds of 55,000 persession.

FMD a single ticket in an fairly ordinary seet for Anzac Day cost me $50 so it's not only time for St GI to get some decent BOD members and management the NRL should be head hunting some AFL executives to make sure families are put at the forefront of our sport.

Parko1310

Juniors
I was just listening to the radio and they were discussing the AFL Gather Round (the equivalent of our Magic Round) which is to be held in Adelaide 13-16 April.

Whether it be single game tickets, 3 day passes, merchandise or food the NRL shove the bushy end of the pineapple fair up our arse every time.

Some single game tickets to Gather Round are as low as $15 to encourage people to attend a game and 3 day passes $75 whereas NRL Magic Round is $99 for a 3 day pass and not even sure if you can get a single game ticket.

They AFL are playing at 3 different venues and are expecting crowds of 55,000 persession.

FMD a single ticket in an fairly ordinary seet for Anzac Day cost me $50 so it's not only time for St GI to get some decent BOD members and management the NRL should be head hunting some AFL executives to make sure families are put at the forefront of our sport.
Yes, the NRL's pricing is ridiculous for things like tickets. To be fair though, whilst 50 bucks is excessive for a ticket, there's not a bad seat in the house at the new Allianz

dragon thomo

Juniors
It's called elite behaviour.
It's dear for the commoner so the elite don't have to pay.
Freebies for all the dicks who feel thay have entitlement.

jeffdragon

Bench

Two games were played at Norwood oval.and 1 in Mt Barker.
Small ground capacity thst's why tickets are $15

RedVDave

First Grade
I am admittedly a massive AFL fan (Go Carlton Blues!) and the AFL is so much better run it's not even funny. The NRL seems to do everything in its power to drive the fans away with constant rule changes, only half of Australia represented in the NRL, horrible time slots, obvious favoritism towards certain teams, no draft/trade period (the only sport in the world to not have one (if I am no mistaken)), not knowing players salaries, ridiculous loopholes in said salary cap, no respect for tradition (the amount of jerseys they whore out every year (trial jerseys like sevens, charity shield etc. retro, indigenous, superhero, ANZAC, Women in league etc.)) and as mentioned insanely overpriced. Yes the NRL has AFL beat in TV ratings but that's only because fans don't want to games for all the above reasons mentioned.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I went to the afl & the storm recently..

Bought GA for both.. storm was only $8 more than the afl… and damn do you get much better seating & view at AAMI..

Puff

First Grade
I am admittedly a massive AFL fan (Go Carlton Blues!) and the AFL is so much better run it's not even funny. The NRL seems to do everything in its power to drive the fans away with constant rule changes, only half of Australia represented in the NRL, horrible time slots, obvious favoritism towards certain teams, no draft/trade period (the only sport in the world to not have one (if I am no mistaken)), not knowing players salaries, ridiculous loopholes in said salary cap, no respect for tradition (the amount of jerseys they whore out every year (trial jerseys like sevens, charity shield etc. retro, indigenous, superhero, ANZAC, Women in league etc.)) and as mentioned insanely overpriced. Yes the NRL has AFL beat in TV ratings but that's only because fans don't want to games for all the above reasons mentioned.
Agreed. And I hate afl.

The only thing you didn’t mention, is the NRL are run very close minded. The call for ex players to be included in decision making will make it even more close minded. NRL need revenue streams from outside the box to subsidise ticket prices in what essentially is a blue collar game of those that can’t afford to take the family to a game and have food and drinks.

Instead of expanding revenue streams they increase the profit margin per ticket which only works until they have small crowds at big stadiums and make them sit all on one side for the cameras.

With cost of living and increasing interest rates. The first thing to go in family budgets is leisure expenses. Fans will only cop ticket increases for so long.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
When I was at AAMI park recently I saw these little blue things in the trough…

They didn’t taste like snouts..

Draginzaaar

Bench
If the draft worked, wouldn't St Kilda have won a comp by now? 1966 was a long time ago.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Agreed. And I hate afl.

The only thing you didn’t mention, is the NRL are run very close minded. The call for ex players to be included in decision making will make it even more close minded. NRL need revenue streams from outside the box to subsidise ticket prices in what essentially is a blue collar game of those that can’t afford to take the family to a game and have food and drinks.

Instead of expanding revenue streams they increase the profit margin per ticket which only works until they have small crowds at big stadiums and make them sit all on one side for the cameras.

With cost of living and increasing interest rates. The first thing to go in family budgets is leisure expenses. Fans will only cop ticket increases for so long.
Stop using food and drink prices as an excuse! Bring your own food.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If the draft worked, wouldn't St Kilda have won a comp by now? 1966 was a long time ago.
They’ve made a few grand finals.

One even ended in a draw (missed out on an elusive saints premiers in both codes opportunity)