What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL to stream All Stars game live

El Diablo

Post Whore
nrl_spot_pos_73x73_normal.jpg

NRL NRL

Spread the word: #NRL.com will be streaming the #NRLAllstars match live on Saturday night from 8pm!

i wonder if this is because 9 are merkins and won't show it in most states?

maybe the stream will be better PQ than 9's crappy SD

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Just a question how much extra does channel 9 pay for all star rights.. ?

I reckon there would be $3 M in revenue for the channel as a result of the game..

VictoryFC

Bench
Well done NRL. Some common sense, but C9 should be f**king ashamed of themselves. How about we get this for all Storm games televised on FTA?

Hopefully this Twitter chain message actually makes the news. Hard to see how casuals will get wind of this unless the media picks it up

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The day I can stream all my NRL content to my computer will be a grand day indeed. I am happy to pay the NRIL a subscription for it. I will be happy when I can f**k off both channel nine and fox from my life.

sydraider

First Grade
The day I can stream all my NRL content to my computer will be a grand day indeed. I am happy to pay the NRIL a subscription for it. I will be happy when I can f**k off both channel nine and fox from my life.

Something like NFL's Gamepass would be nice, Id pay for a subscription.

rygrco

Juniors
Count me in. And the potential of the NRL's presence on the internet is awesome. They could do all sorts of interesting things like integrating fully customisable extras like; fantasy gaming, on demand stats, League history, Wikis, on demand rule explanations, etc, et al. I dearly hope they realise this "potential" and act accordingly (ie forget these Telstra jokers - look how boring the NRL's current web presence is).

docbrown

Coach
I reckon there would be $3 M in revenue for the channel as a result of the game..

My guess with tie-ins etc, maybe slightly above that. Probably low $3M high $5M. There's more that they can do with it.

I mean the lack of pre-season cup coverage means they miss out on content that could be generating over $10 million a year roughly.

Tie All Stars-Pre Season Cup-Charity Shield-World Club Challenge-7s into a pre-season package and you've got a pretty good amount of material to generate advertising interest before the season even kicks off.

jimmee007

Juniors
Now with smart tvs its so easy to watch downloaded material.

I cant wait till the NRL have its own internet broadcast of matches live and with the NBN we could watch it all in HD streaming.

Id happily pay $20-$30 per month for just HD NRL coverage.

I havent had fox since the end of last footy season and honestly dont miss it that much at the moment.

trudge

Bench
This is to let Foxtel know they have competition.

The AFL is gearing up to have it's own broadband channel and RL is following suit.

Expect a seriously bigger bid now from Foxtel.

Canard

Immortal
Don't believe this is the new.

Im positive its been broadcast on the internet every year that its been on. (legally)

Being in Melbourne thats the only way Ive ever watched it.(legally)

GongPanther

Referee
I had NFL gamepass this season for $100 although the play-offs are not included in that price although they are shown on the Ten Network anyway.

I would pay double that if the NRL got their own Channel.

But theres no way I'd pay $30 a month for it as Jimmee007 states.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Can I watch it on NRL.com without the Nine idiots talking?

The sooner NRL's equivalent of NFL Game Pass/NBA League Pass arrives the better, I'm sick of the Nine/Foxtel grip on the game.

applesauce

Bench
They did the same thing last year. Why wouldn't they do it again. Still not a reason 9 should not still show it nationwide.