What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL TV ads

greeneyed

First Grade
The thing is 2/3rds of the rugby union ads are paid for by the ARU. They are advertising either recruitment for junior players (financed by World Cup revenues) - a very professional campaign it seems to me (the "True Colours" ad - or it is general ads for Super 12 (the "Razzle Dazzle" ad which IMO is a silly joke - imagine if the NRL served that up, there would be a media outcry; but the leather patchers seem to think any rubbish is OK). And then the Brumbies ad in their own ads.... Overall, if you watch Prime, it does seem there is a union ad every ad break.....

paulquinn49

Bench
greeneyed said:
And quinny... come back and defend the NRL on this one with some serious arguments!!!!

Ok man im not one to back down, but by god its going to be hard.

I saw this ad about 2 days ago and to be truthfully honest i didnt give a crap about it, all i was thinking was "9 days to go, who cares what the f**k they show me" eg camel comment. (which you do have to admit would be wicked, seeing a camel run over by a scooter would be comedy gold)

Dogs, St George and Newcastle will always feature in these ads because they are the most popular teams in the comp.teams like the roosters get shoved down our throat cause they have been the best team over the last 2 years. Penrith won the comp and people wanted to see them in an ad with a trohpy cause it wont happen for a long time now.

The NRL focuses on Syndey based clubs like the AFL Focus on Melbourne clubs, Cause thats where all the money comes from and where the majority of the codes support comes from.

I dont know what you have against St George tho dood, When all players are available they have some great players. plus as i said they have huge support and cover a fairly large communities.

Also John howard goes to onion festivals and loves it, so we are trying to win back little johnny by showing his favourite team in the NRL ad campaign.

Its all about money these days dood, how many people from Wagga support league? lets say 20,000. Of those how many go to an NRL game a year? maybe 40. Why should they promote regional teams as much?

If Canberra got the decent crowds like Brumbies did im sure Canberra would feature more in the NRL's plans. Till then they will continue to sit in the shadows while Sydney based teams get the easier ride.

Dang it ive done a whole assignment today man, just concede defeat and make me happy. I dont even know if i made sense or answered the question FFS

greeneyed

First Grade
I think you get a D on your assignment.... I don't know if that is a "distinction" or if it is just above failing grade.... :lol: :lol:

I dislike St George as they have as many flare throwers as the Dogs and they are as arrogant as the Roosters supporters... 11 premierships in some Sydney backyard comp.... and seem to live on that event 50 years ago.... they go on and on about it... and then claim Trent Barrett is the best player in the comp!

And when was the last time the PM walked around in his so called club's gear... he walks around in his Wallabies tracksuit all the time though... and why not his Kangaroos tracksuit? Perhaps he has decided he was a leather patcher all along.

jed

First Grade
Montz said:
I saw it quickly, only saw Nick, and a great shot of Adam too.. is he still around here???

Yeah - lynchie. He almost never posts though.

paulquinn49

Bench
My respone was probably D quality but id say my assignment is looking sweet. youd all crap yah pants if you all knew i was capable of such greatness

Howard is a tosser, but St George are still good. no matter what you say 11 premierships in a row is bloody good no matter what the comp was like back then.

My question is... Did my answer make me win? cause i wrote for like 10 dang minutes. 10 dang it

hrundi99

First Grade
Howard is the Australian PM, so it's appropriate that he wear a national team's tracksuit.

Perhaps the ARL should send him his own Kangaroos tracksuit.

Lynchie

Juniors
Montz said:
I saw it quickly, only saw Nick, and a great shot of Adam too.. is he still around here???

Thats me. Yep im still here, reading away every day! :)
Im just too lazy to post anything unless I feel I really should.

hrundi99

First Grade
Here are the pics...

nrlad1.jpg

nrlad2.jpg

nrlad3.jpg

greeneyed

First Grade
There is hardly any coverage of the Raiders at all in the ads, having just seen another one.... there seems like hours of cover of St George......and even Souths......

paulquinn49

Bench
Dont start this again man. i totally won with my arguement

Be a dear and post the raiders news from today, thanks man

There is hardly any coverage of the Raiders at all in the ads, having just seen another one.... there seems like hours of cover of St George......and even Souths......

More than what Manly got though. I didn't notice, but the other half whinged they got no coverage. I just said it was because they have no fans :D

Latest posts