NRLW Going bust ?

Discussion in 'Women's Rugby League' started by siv, Mar 28, 2019.

1. siv

siv Bench

How many retired ?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  2. kbw

kbw Juniors

42 do you want their addresses and names of their favourite pets too

siv likes this.
  3. Hawkins

Hawkins Juniors

switch pays to paid and my overall point is still pretty valid. If the NRL sees value in keeping a team on the Gold Coast then having a women's comp should rate as well

4. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

I don't disagree I just think it's an outdated and irrelevant comparison.

Either way, I think this narrative is being driven by Richo, and claims the NRL doesn't value the comp bely the fact they started it and it exists.

5. Dakink

Dakink Bench

I wouldn't call nrlw park footy...I thought it was enjoyable and Definately a decent standard.

6. kbw

kbw Juniors

As a side note, the standard of the Tarsha Gale comp improved, there are a couple of disappointments that haven't stepped up, but teams like Newcastle Illawarra and the Tigers are setting a new standard.

It looks like the Harvey Norman NSWL Women's comp is also going to a higher level and a closer comp (for most teams) than it was last year

7. Willow

Willow Administrator

I gave it one minute. Poorly presented hypocrisy. It was rubbish. A waste of time.

8. kbw

kbw Juniors

You maybe surprised but some of those girls are actually decent footballers and athletes

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2019
  9. ULYSSES

ULYSSES Juniors

I read female participation figures recently for Soccer, AFL, League and Rugby.
    I see many women playing Soccer and Rugby in NSW but very few playing AFL and League. Yet according to the article there were nearly 3 times as many female participants in League than Rugby. Is this a true representation of numbers or does it include touch players or development schools?
    If the numbers are true then we should be able to field a 10-12 team competition not struggle to pay for a 4 team comp. If someone knows I would love to hear.
    I actually enjoy women's league and women's cricket. They don't have the ego problem of the males.(I am too old to care about their looks)

10. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

To say "the numbers are there" is simple enough, but that doesn't mean we have 10-12 teams worth of elite quality footballers ready to lace up. The pathways are being created, the state comps are growing in strength and the room to grow will be there.

The "struggle to pay for a 4 team comp" line is bullshit btw, it came from a spokesperson for a club who isn't participating and didn't want to shell out to participate. The four clubs in it now are perfectly happy being in it.