What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Captain --- Who??

strewth_mate

Bench
Buderus was picked as captain as a matter of circumstance, owing to the selection uncertainty of a few more experienced club captains (Kimmorley vs. Gower, I think). The competition for positions ensured it fell in his favour. It was interesting seeing Johns captain Newcastle while Buderus captained NSW...

Whether or not the papers are to be trusted, the stories at the time would mention the opinions within the camp towards Buderus as captain. It seemed that the players looked up to him and the coach respected him... not necessarily the view held by many fans at all, but nevertheless, it looked as though despite the circumstances of his appointment, NSW ultimately considered him the kind of captain they wanted.

Drivel aside, I don't really feel there's a strict need to appoint a player as state captain just because they captain their club. Might be convenient to name Gidley because 'there's no other options', but it's a bit limiting. I wouldn't have a problem with them naming someone who is good for the job because the coach believes them to be passionate and inspirational (dunno, like Bailey, Rudder, Hindmarsh). Or just some mad bastard who rabidly hates Queenslanders. At least it wouldn't be a sedate encounter.

Joker's Wild

Coach
My NSW team:

Kurt Gidley
David Williams
Jamie Lyon
Matt Cooper
Jarryd Hayne
John Sutton
Peter Wallace
Luke Bailey
Michael Ennis
Brent Kite
Paul Gallen (c)
Nathan Hindmarsh
Glenn Stewart

Luke Lewis
Trent Waterhouse
Andrew Ryan
Michael Weyman

Anyone disagree?

Yes, see bolded

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Or just some mad bastard who rabidly hates Queenslanders
So you have met Gallen?

On a more serious note, Country have selected A. Ryan as captain and City did not name a captain.

Interesting..........

Of course Bailey, Gidley and Gallen play in the green and gold first.

Bailey I reckon will get it.

Ladmate

Bench
My NSW team:

Kurt Gidley
David Williams
Jamie Lyon
Matt Cooper
Jarryd Hayne
John Sutton
Peter Wallace
Luke Bailey
Michael "Joke" Ennis
Brent Kite
Paul Gallen (c)
Nathan Hindmarsh
Glenn Stewart

Luke Lewis
Trent Waterhouse
Andrew Ryan
Michael Weyman

Anyone disagree?

Yes, because now you can kiss Ennis's ass. Nice to know that all these "NSW" supporters think they know what they are doing. Farah has a better kicking game, better passing game, better leadership, hell he is better in everything! I think you need to watch Bulldogs games, then Tigers games, then come back here with an honest opinion.

Charlie124

First Grade
Yes, because now you can kiss Ennis's ass. Nice to know that all these "NSW" supporters think they know what they are doing. Farah has a better kicking game, better passing game, better leadership, hell he is better in everything! I think you need to watch Bulldogs games, then Tigers games, then come back here with an honest opinion.

And what are you going to say if that honest opinion differs from yours?

be honest now...

Joker's Wild

Coach

:lol: Oh my, how the chip continues to grow