What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Coach for 2011

Matt23

Staff member
Obviously it won't be Bellamy, so who will the Einsteins at the NSWRL install as Coach?
Personally i'd like to see them give it to John Cartwright, thoughts?

Perhaps use the same method as QLD. A motivator as coach and a tactician as assistant. And please, from outside the bloody NRL.

I would probably choose Ricky Stuart as Coach (if he's not doing anything next year)

MightyBronco

Juniors
A. Johns obviously...

He's done such a terrific job as assistant, its only right he gets the gig. He's a great bloke.

Matt23

Staff member
A. Johns obviously...

He's done such a terrific job as assistant, its only right he gets the gig. He's a great bloke.
Don't give the NSWRL idea's they'll probably give to Freddy Fittler which will be almost as bad

Matt23

Staff member
No thanks to, Bellamy, Johns & Fittler and a big hell no to Laurie Daley.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im thinking Ricky Stuart. He could do what we need and thats instil some good tactics and forward movement.

My only issue with having Stuart there is his history with halves. And with NSW having young halves everywhere, it could become an issue with him.

He only won the one series, and that was in 05 and most people put that down to Andrew Johns' return for games 2 and 3.

I have my reservations about Stuart.

Idealy id like to see Gus do it but he wont.

It will be Laurie Daley, dont fool yourself people, we all know that unless the NSWRL goes through admin changes, Daley will be coach and will be named coach straight after game 3.

Yosh

Coach
Perhaps use the same method as QLD. A motivator as coach and a tactician as assistant. And please, from outside the bloody NRL.

I would probably choose Ricky Stuart as Coach (if he's not doing anything next year)

Hagan the Tactician? Thats classic...:crazy:

Greenbits

Juniors
I'm not thrilled with Daley, but it might turn out better than expected.

He certainly had the Country boys firing the last couple of years.

I suspect most people's concerns arise from Loz's involvement in the worst selection panel of all time. He's had to be the public face, going on Fox and defending the inept decisions. How many of those decisions were Lozs we will never know.

I still like Sterling. Sensible, been there as a player, watches a lot of games, has no club affiliations. Surround him with smart tacticians and bring in motivators like Tommy and we are onto something.

Red Bear

Referee
Stuart or Gould preferably. But i think Freddy could actually go alright in this situation. Remember Mal was a failure as a club coach, but Freddy could certainly rev em up for a few games and has the origin experience. Probably wouldnt work but not the worst idea in the world.

Just no one from the club ranks please.

icewind

Juniors
Ricky Stuart. At least then you'd be fairly assured guys like Snowden and Douglas will get a chance and defence would be 10x better.

hellteam

First Grade
Nah not Daley, he's been on the selection panel and has done a terrible job with that - plus he works for Fox Sports.

Actually, if he coaches he might have to quit his commentating job.....

Daley for coach!

smacky

Juniors
What about Hasler, the guy breaths passion and intensity. Him or stuart. We need a motivator type coach.

Latest posts