What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

BOMAR

Juniors
Very suprised that ali beale played in the colyton nines on the weekend. Seems pointless to allow, in case of injury one week out of the comp

half_back

Juniors
Looks like the boys can put some points on the board. 46-26 is a good attacking effort probably just need some more work on defence. Anyone have any feedback on those that performed well?

coolsteve

Juniors
Looks like the boys can put some points on the board. 46-26 is a good attacking effort probably just need some more work on defence. Anyone have any feedback on those that performed well?
yeah. would be good to get some player ratings for the kids ect. thanks

murraymob

Coach
nsw cup
windsor...26
shellharbour...12

standouts.

d.tang.toa ..good meters looked to unload often
s.searl.........dont know much about him but looked good

Kilkenny

Coach
Can't comment on the performance of the Windsor side today as I had a family function to go to.

In respect of the NYC side I thought they did very well after an less than perfect start when down 16-6 and the Raiders looked like they would run away with it. The Raiders were short priced favourites on centrebet so come away with such a comprehensive victory was a positive outcome.

There does not appear to be any obvious stars in the NYC side and no players who you could say, 'this kid will play NRL' but is only round 1 so I will reserve my judgement for a little while. Good to see the boys come out on top considering it would appear they were not favoured to win this one.

franklin2323

Immortal
yeah. would be good to get some player ratings for the kids ect. thanks

Player Ratings is hard as the numbers were mixed up. But the stars were:

Watene-Zeleniak: 2 Tries was outstasnding big tall centre body type I guess like Folau pretty quick. Would of been my man of the match

Moylan: Outstanding good 1/2 back. smart creative game

Beale: Safe at the back great goalkicker

In the Forwards:

Pritchard: Great captains knock was everywhere

Seaton: Made metres every run a huge forward like McKendry will prob need to lose weight in the future to be a success but should carve most teams up in 20's

Fraser: Didn't seem to make an impact but had great numbers played the full 80 a mountain of work

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Watene-Zeleniak: 2 Tries was outstasnding big tall centre body type I guess like Folau pretty quick. Would of been my man of the match

He really did surprise me on Saturday. Last year i barely noticed him but this year he has bulked up massively and still kept his pace.

Fibroman

First Grade

In the Forwards:

Seaton: Made metres every run a huge forward like McKendry will prob need to lose weight in the future to be a success but should carve most teams up in 20's

Fraser: Didn't seem to make an impact but had great numbers played the full 80 a mountain of work

Have to agree with your summary. I would have picked the same players. Thought they were gone for all money but kept it together. I think the half back had alot to do with it. Kept his cool and steered them around the park very well. Some nice short kicks too.

franklin2323

Immortal
Have to agree with your summary. I would have picked the same players. Thought they were gone for all money but kept it together. I think the half back had alot to do with it. Kept his cool and steered them around the park very well. Some nice short kicks too.

Hopefully next game the bench numbers wont change so it's easy to see who is who.

The first time for a while we won all grades. didn't catch the juniors NSW Cup were excellent if NRL stays injury free they will go well

BOMAR

Juniors

In the Forwards:

hi after being at the game also i would have to say your game summary is pretty much on the mark. Although i wasnt as impressed with pritchard he seems a bit lazy to me. After seeing the stats i would be expecting a bit more out of him, 9 tackles and 7 hitups not exactly impressive.The team as a whole did some really outstanding things,to show us there is some potential there. In saying that as poor as canberra played they made us look silly on numerous occasions, especially on the left hand side. We will need alot of improvement to match the top sides,but still nice to get a win.

half_back

Juniors
Interested to hear opinions on the Halfback Moylan. He got a good wrap on the club website, also from many in here. I wasnt at the match. How does he rate against Seijka, obviously he has been built up to take over the mantle for years to come but dissapointed me last year in Sg Ball/20s.

murraymob

Coach
windsor v auckland nsw cup

00005973-image.gif

1 Zoram Watene
2 Ben Vengoa
3 Gavin Cooper
4 Sandor Earl
5 Michael Fualalo
6 Brad Clark
7 Craig Trindall
8 David Tangata-toa
9 Masada Iosefa
10 Aaron Sweeney
11 Daniel Penese
12 Shanelle Haumono
13 Matthew McConnell14 Ryan Russell
15 Pitone Faalavaau
16 Steve Meredith
17 Weerimu Weepu
Coach: Guy Missio

00005965-image.gif

1 Johnny Aranga
2 Toshio Laiseni
3 Sione Tongia
4 Nuivoa Taka
5 Fetogi Tuinauvai
6 Patrick Ah Van
7 Zensei Inu
8 Nathaniel Neale
9 Pita Godinet
10 Mataupu Poching
11 Ukuma Ta’ai
12 Michael Afioga
13 Ian Hayes (c)15 Feu’u-Siavea Seinafo
16 Kurt Tehira
17 Kitiona Pasene
18 Soape Kavaliku
Coach: Brent Gemmell

Kilkenny

Coach
With the injury to Wade Graham, the current halves in the Windsor side make one seriously wonder why we could seriously be contemplating releasing Jarrod Sammut. Nothing against the Windsor guys and Moylan in the Under 20's but seriously an injury to Walsh or Burns and we our seriously going to need Jarrod Sammut.

Latest posts