What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW cup side

aqua_duck

Coach
Is Adrian Davies any good?

I know him personally and having stood beside him, he is tiny, would be maybe 80kg ringing wet after a big buffet. He's a streaky kind of player on the field, can do some good things and some not so good things all in the space of a few minutes

billy2

Juniors
Davies and Briggs are both bigger and fitter than ever, but they still won't keep Stig and Roberts out next week.

Apey

Staff member
I know him personally and having stood beside him, he is tiny, would be maybe 80kg ringing wet after a big buffet. He's a streaky kind of player on the field, can do some good things and some not so good things all in the space of a few minutes

yeah, I was in his year at highschool, feels funny seeing his name on NSW cup... would be interested in seeing him play live one time.

billy2

Juniors
There's vision of the tries up on nswrl.com.au
Some pretty slick backline moves.
Likiliki in the 24 jersey looked strong.

billy2

Juniors
The promotion of Evarn Tuimavave and Marvin Filipo to the extended bench of the first grade has forced NSW Cup coach Rip Taylor to make some changes for the Knights round 3 game against the Wentworthville Magpies.
Ethan Cook and Warren Schilllings will start while Sam Anderson and Mark Wade come into the side on the bench. Michael Mate moves back on to the wing to make room for centre Junior Sa'u, who is back in the team after a week in the first grade.
NSW Cup round 3: Knights v Wentworthville Magpies
4:00pm Saturday 17 March
Kurri Kurri Sportsground
1. Kevin Naiqama
2. Josh Mantellato
3. Junior Sa'u
4. Siuatonga Likiliki
5. Michael Mate
6. Scott Briggs
7. Adrian Davis
8. Robbie Rochow
9. Chris Adams
10. Kyle O'Donnell
11. Ethan Cook
12. Zane Tetevano
13. Warren Schillings
Interchange
14. Mitch Williams
15. Sam Anderson
16. Shaun Boss
17. Rodney Mason
18. Mark Wade

Wentworthville had a poor loss in round one and a great win on the back of a Luke Burt hatrick and six goals in round 2.
Burt will probably be back in firstgrade with Hayne injured, so we should go OK, even if we look a bit weaker this week.

No Laurie again is interesting.

rabble

Juniors
Might be worth the admission to see if Wade cuts it or gets cut in two, if he plays. I think Ethan played the full game last week, he went well.

slotmachine

First Grade
Is there any plan to play NSW Cup matches as the pre-cursor to the NRL game?
I thought I read the club were thinking of it?

I also read that the NSW Cup team will be playing at the re-developed No 2 sports ground once it's finished so not sure what to believe.

billy2

Juniors
Might be worth the admission to see if Wade cuts it or gets cut in two, if he plays. I think Ethan played the full game last week, he went well.
There is no risk of him being cut in two. He is a big, strong, impressive athlete.
I've got doubts over him playing more than 15 minutes of good football in the forwards. He only seems to have two huge runs and half a dozen strong tackles in him, but he'll hold his own in the game till he runs out of puff.

stimpy

Juniors
having seen the game against the jets on the weekend, i think the knights are in for a good season in nsw cup. Filipo ran into gaps well, however i im not a fan of having second rowers as first receivers from the 5/8, as it starves the centre of possession, as second rowers rarely pass it.
I noticed the number 3 for newcastle looked and had a very strong game but was always cramped for space with the extra forward in the backline. Also the fullback looked dangerous.

The half played well and looked dangerous, however the 5/8 needs to learn some tackling technique as he kept rushing up and doing semi shoulder charges. Whilst the resulting slap sounds impressive often he fell off and failed to put the attacker on the ground.

Overall though was a good result.

billy2

Juniors
Briggs loves the shoulder charge and sometimes he lands a beauty, but not very often.

In the game against Warriors last year he was on fire - we lost the game, but Briggs did some brilliant kicks, passes and pulled off two massive shoulder charges that rocked the stands on knocked the ball loose. He isn't much good at the wrestle - piss poor in fact - but sometimes his shoulder charges work really well.

billy2

Juniors
Pity we haven't got Pete at 5/8 - that would give us

1 - Fijian International
2 - Italian International
3 - NZ international
4 - Tongan international
5 - PNG International
6 - Samoan International

stimpy

Juniors
is that
1. naquiama fijian
2. mantello italian
3.sau nz
4. likiliki tongan
5. is mate png ???

where did mate come from as i have seen the other players but have never seen him before. He had a good game on weekend and looks like a good prospect fo nsw cup/nrl

billy2

Juniors
Michael Mate was part of the Penrith fulltime squad last year.

Just did a search and he's not PNG - I got him mixed up with Michael Mark.

billy2

Juniors
Big game today for a few boys.

Tui and Stig could play and could stick their hands up for firstgrade.

Tets, Tui and Rochow will all be hunting for Cuthbo's position in the firstgrade squad, and Kev, Likiliki and Stig will all be trying to impress in the backs.

red and blue

Juniors
Knights where very impressive today Wenty (Parra) never really looked in the game after half time. Some of these guys will be pressing FG if the results remain the same.

Latest posts