What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup

Tigerm

First Grade
Well they're under contract. If we start winning more games than not, players will hopefully buy in and cover injuries.
Our rebuild of a new culture and club will be three years imo.
In this first year Benji needs to select in form players so as to keep his promises. That is also those who are training well.
We have to have it all sorted by the time Luai gets here. If you watch Luai play, he gets involved when Penrith are on the move. If Penrith are stalling he goes quiet. That's my observation of watching his old game highlights. If we play like last night, organized and up tempo then Luai will play well.
I say 3 three years because our big signing fwds are off contract or about to.
It will be 2026 imo when we are stable and if we resign/retain the best and maybe a couple of top ups.
I think Benji needs a top prop, I'm unsure if Miller is going to be our man to partner Stef....see how he develops over the next 2 seasons but I have doubts.
Re a top prop. I am still surprised we stopped negotiations with AFB? Imo, we just need a hard head, no nonsense one now.
Re the halves, they are in high demand, there managers will want the cash (I don’t blame them), we just need to pick the right ones and keep the nursery working.
Re Luia, I hope it’s because there whole game revolves around Ivan jnr, Benji’s job is to get him out of that mindset, I believe he does want that?
But I think we are in a pretty reasonable position to go forward for the next few years.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
1. Naden
2. Alaimalo
3. Feledy
4. Casey
5. Lobb
6. Matai
7. L. Fainu
8. Lui-Toso
9. Valevatu
10. Porter
11. Sukkar
12. Vaihu
13. Matamua

14. Da Silva, 15. Finau, 16. Tumeth, 17. Faagutu

18. Mason, 19. K. Laulilii, 20. J. Miller

9 teenagers in the 20 man squad for Wests this weekend. Final 17 will be interesting.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
#NSWCup confirmed side

1. Naden
2. Alaimalo
3. Feledy
4. Casey
5. Lobb
6. Matai
7. L. Fainu
8. Lui-Toso
9. Valevatu
10. Porter
11. Sukkar
12. Vaihu
13. Matamua

15. Finau, 16. Tumeth, 17. Faagutu, 19. Hodges

18. K. Laulilii

Vic Mackey

Referee
This is so frustrating to watch.
31:00 10-22

looked good for the first 20mins, barely torched the ball after that.

90% of this side can still play Flegg, about half Ball. Results won’t show but I’m glad we’re doing this, will be better in the long run.

Nutz

Bench
We are too much focussed on a right side raid. Too telegraphed.
As soon as they go to Feledy's side something happens.
More knock ons than at an MCG AFL game and more lose balls than at kings cross bux night.

Nutz

Bench
@Vic Mackey
I'm a genius. Did you see Payne shouting, "for God's sake spin the ball to Feledy's side, they are catching a cold"
So they finally spin the ball and Solomon Alaimalo scores a clinical attacking raid.
I should go back to coaching.
2 min to go and wests up 28-26

Solomon Alaimalo looked good under the high ball, and was tested plenty. He never really got in the open the see his speed. He's 28 though which is disappointing. I was hoping that he'd be 18.

Even though we won, the kicking game was pure tigers until they got Naden involved. We got owned in the middle of the field for most of the game. I'm still trying to work out how we won that, but a win's a win

Perth Tiger

Bench
I thought Alaimalo was pretty weak in contact when taking his hit ups. But if he can improve that, and he can we more experience, he might turn out to be a handy player.

It is probably the same criticism of Lobb as well. They were both weapons in the air though