What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media NSW Finest at it Again

BadnMean

Juniors
Footage of crooked cops belting Starling in the face while other police hold his arms. Punched multiple times until he crumples.

Of course they charged him with the usual bullcrap resisting arrest, assault police stuff to cover it up.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/secur ... 6d07aa892f

Shocking footage tendered in court has shown the alleged zenith of a massive brawl at a Central Coast bar, ending in an NRL star being punched multiple times in the face by a police officer.

Footage shown in court during the hearing of Canberra Raiders hooker Tom Starling shows a number of police officers holding back the NRL star before repeatedly punching him in the face, forcing him to topple backwards, leaving him with a bloody nose.

Tom and Jackson have each pleaded not guilty to the charge of resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty, while Josh has pleaded not guilty to charges of resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty, common assault and assault officer in execution of duty. Byrne has also pleaded not guilty to resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl ... 103869279e

I sense NSW taxpayers about to add to the staggering $18 million a year in NSW police malpractice payouts...

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Midget fight! Midget fight!

UnawareLightIguanodon-size_restricted.gif

Perth Red

Post Whore
Footage of crooked cops belting Starling in the face while other police hold his arms. Punched multiple times until he crumples.

Of course they charged him with the usual bullcrap resisting arrest, assault police stuff to cover it up.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/secur ... 6d07aa892f

Shocking footage tendered in court has shown the alleged zenith of a massive brawl at a Central Coast bar, ending in an NRL star being punched multiple times in the face by a police officer.

Footage shown in court during the hearing of Canberra Raiders hooker Tom Starling shows a number of police officers holding back the NRL star before repeatedly punching him in the face, forcing him to topple backwards, leaving him with a bloody nose.

Tom and Jackson have each pleaded not guilty to the charge of resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty, while Josh has pleaded not guilty to charges of resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty, common assault and assault officer in execution of duty. Byrne has also pleaded not guilty to resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl ... 103869279e

I sense NSW taxpayers about to add to the staggering $18 million a year in NSW police malpractice payouts...
It’s amazing, the thousand nights in bars I’ve had and I’ve never come close to getting punched by a copper. Either I frequent different bars or my beahviour has never got me into that position.

nick87

Coach
Poor little Tommy was hurtin in the sheds after that callous, brutal and unprovoked attack by the thugs in the nsw police force

Not only do the Raiders have to overcome the NRL and their officials, for whom without we’d have never lost a single match in our clubs proud history, but now we must also over come the NSW police and their premeditated and highly organised campaign against these innocent Raiders

the adversity we face is only topped by the resilience and perseverance installed within the squad by none other than the GREAT Ricky Stuart

BadnMean

Juniors
It’s amazing, the thousand nights in bars I’ve had and I’ve never come close to getting punched by a copper. Either I frequent different bars or my beahviour has never got me into that position.
You've probably never been raped either, you must be behaving so much better than everyone who has!

BadnMean

Juniors
Poor little Tommy was hurtin in the sheds after that callous, brutal and unprovoked attack by the thugs in the nsw police force

Not only do the Raiders have to overcome the NRL and their officials, for whom without we’d have never lost a single match in our clubs proud history, but now we must also over come the NSW police and their premeditated and highly organised campaign against these innocent Raiders

the adversity we face is only topped by the resilience and perseverance installed within the squad by none other than the GREAT Ricky Stuart

Unlike Uncle Nick & his golf games, I bet the NRL closes the loophole of Raiders repeatedly topping up contracts by provoking NSW police to beat & molest them & then rake in the ensuing 6 figure compo payouts. Bastards.

Billythekid

First Grade

You’re also not a celebrity. Being an NRL player brings you attention you otherwise wouldn’t get.

Also this is really just reductive victim blaming.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Not surprisingly really. Every time you hear a story that someone’s charged with resisting arrest/ hitting a cop they most definitely need the innocent until proven guilty assumption. And these are league players who can afford a defence think of all the poorer people who have to cop jail or even indigenous folk who don’t even make it that far. Not all cops are like this but enough of them are

Timbo

Staff member
When I used to tutor history at WSU Bankstown (where the run the B/Police course) a couple of the lecturers from that course would use the same hot office as we did for the B/A program. I remember one of them discussing with one of the others how he'd told the lecture that day about the 'trifecta' - which is where you issue someone with a fine for swearing in public, they then get angry at you and carry on so you arrest them, which they resist and make contact with you so you've got them for assault police.

So because someone drops an F-bomb in public when outside a pub on Saturday night, you get to ruin their lives with resisting arrest and assault police charges. The absolute joy in this blokes voice as he talked about it with his colleague, and how they both reminisced about the times they'd done it when they were beat cops in the Rocks and Parramatta.

I've never lost respect for an entire profession as quickly as I did in that moment.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
When I used to tutor history at WSU Bankstown (where the run the B/Police course) a couple of the lecturers from that course would use the same hot office as we did for the B/A program. I remember one of them discussing with one of the others how he'd told the lecture that day about the 'trifecta' - which is where you issue someone with a fine for swearing in public, they then get angry at you and carry on so you arrest them, which they resist and make contact with you so you've got them for assault police.

So because someone drops an F-bomb in public when outside a pub on Saturday night, you get to ruin their lives with resisting arrest and assault police charges. The absolute joy in this blokes voice as he talked about it with his colleague, and how they both reminisced about the times they'd done it when they were beat cops in the Rocks and Parramatta.

I've never lost respect for an entire profession as quickly as I did in that moment.
And while you got bootlickers in this thread letting the cops off with statements like ‘it’s never happened to me’
It will continue.

dogslife

Coach
This thread has vibes of when the murderer's mum goes on TV to tell the world what a good boy he was and how he'd never hurt anyone

some11

Referee

This is what @Bobby DIGital actually believes

some11

Referee

Abuse of power rarely goes punished because calling it out turns you into a target. I feel for those who actually want to do a good job in their community who get corrupted by pricks like that over time just to fit in.

Of course a lot of them are just merkins from the get-go.

Latest posts