What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media NSW Finest at it Again

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I see footage of an asswipe mouthing off like a dick and getting what he deserves.
Had he been provoked, maybe.
Its all about perception isn't it.

nick87

Coach
I see footage of an asswipe mouthing off like a dick and getting what he deserves.

no, I think it’s just about watching the footage and accepting what is plainly visible

but each to their own!
Who’s to argue with someone who’s starting position is that cops restraining a guy whilst his gutless coward colleagues assault him is acceptable police practise

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Maybe I am old school, but generally in this country you don't end up being restrained by several police unless you have done something to deserve it and far more people don't cop a good whack when they really deserve it.
In reality I agree it does look to be excessive but really its not hard to avoid.

In my (far too many years of ) experience people in this country that whinge about police being too rough are from the 1800s or are those that ignore the dickheadism that leads up to it as perfectly normal behaviour

BadnMean

Juniors
Maybe I am old school, but generally in this country you don't end up being restrained by several police unless you have done something to deserve it and far more people don't cop a good whack when they really deserve it.
In reality I agree it does look to be excessive but really its not hard to avoid.

In my (far too many years of ) experience people in this country that whinge about police being too rough are from the 1800s or are those that ignore the dickheadism that leads up to it as perfectly normal behaviour

I don't think that's old school I think that's just bootlicking of gutless incompetents because they wear a badge.

I have a few mates who are police both in uniform and detective- horrified at the behaviour of the officers in questions.

I knew a few deadset knobs who joined the force too, because it's a power trip.

gerg

Juniors

Restrain you say? If only the police force had some sort of tool to restrain members of the public. I guess until some sort of genius comes up with something we'll just have to accept that officers need to hold a guy while his colleagues repeatedly punch him in the face.

nick87

Coach

"A good whack when they really deserve it"
If you're as old as you sound, ill be impressed you know what a computer is, let alone being able to turn one on!

Let me give you the hot tip, a shit ton of people are restrained by police without having things to deserve it, a shit ton of people are mistreated by the police. Which is why the NSW police force shell out 10's of millions a year. A YEAR. Of tax payer money for victims of their horrible abuse.

"it does look to be excessive"
That's the comment. And Tom Starling can mouth or or do whatever he likes, and it doesnt excuse excessive force. Nothign excuses exessive force. We place great trust in the police to be people who rise above that because their duties are to uphiold the law, not break it. It's a tough job, i agree, but they signed up for it.

If you saw a couple of blokes at the pub holding a bloke whilst their mate smashed him in the face whilst he's unable to defend himself, you'd call them cowards. That's not old school. That's the opposite of old school. Just because they have a badge doesnt mean they get a free pass to do as they please, in fact THAT they hold a badge makes it's all the more important they live up the responsibilites and standards expected of them

SBD82

Coach
The role of the police isn’t to punish. It’s to detain and investigate. If anything they should be held to a higher standard when confronted with some one yelling at them than civilians because of their resources and training.

And I think your comment about perception is important. If I got a couple of my mates to hold down my partner while she got what she deserved for mouthing off, how do you perceive that?

Bazal

Post Whore
If you saw a couple of blokes at the pub holding a bloke whilst their mate smashed him in the face whilst he's unable to defend himself, you'd call them cowards. That's not old school. That's the opposite of old school. Just because they have a badge doesnt mean they get a free pass to do as they please, in fact THAT they hold a badge makes it's all the more important they live up the responsibilites and standards expected of them

Nah mate that's what you get for talking shit to a real man! This generation's soft, thinking they can all say whatever the f**k they want without proper consequences, like getting slugged from behind or smashed with a glass or jumped by 14 blokes as they leave the bar. Because we all know that words are so much worse than potentially catastrophic acts of violence.

Back in the old days, men were men. Old school men. The kind of men who would wrestle oxen all day, slam 28 schooners at night at commit grievous bodily harm if anyone offended them!

T-Boon

Coach
It’s amazing, the thousand nights in bars I’ve had and I’ve never come close to getting punched by a copper. Either I frequent different bars or my beahviour has never got me into that position.
that is because you are a beta male. All the action follows us alpha males when we are out on the town. The ladies want to be around us (instead of their own men). People just come up to us and want to be in our presence. Stuff happens. Usually beta men jealous that I am getting big flirty laughs out of their lady.

gerg

Juniors
that is because you are a beta male. All the action follows us alpha males when we are out on the town. The ladies want to be around us (instead of their own men). People just come up to us and want to be in our presence. Stuff happens. Usually beta men jealous that I am getting big flirty laughs out of their lady.
I thought you were the apex not the alpha? I'm a little confused right now.

aussie7798

First Grade

Force should only be used when absolutely necessary and the force used should be proportional to the threat represented.

Starling appeared reasonably restrained in that footage and not a active threat.

Police are not there to inflict physical harm. Protect and Serve.

This Year?

Immortal
Maybe the police were Raiders fans? I shouldn't make jokes like that but it sounded funny in my mind like a Ricky Gervais kind of joke.

Last edited:

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade

xhhn2hdukox51.jpg

Slackboy72

Coach
heres a bump for all the haters...

On Friday Magistrate Daniel Covington found the police officers involved behaved outside of their duty, and dismissed that last charge.

The Downing Centre Local Court in Sydney saw CCTV footage of police punching Starling in the face multiple times, a scene Magistrate Covington called a "free for all".

"One that is more typically seen in a street fight as opposed to officers in their duty," he said.

"Clearly what occurred was nothing other than Tom being assaulted himself."
Magistrate Covington also said Senior Constable Daniel Drew admitted to the court that he had "no reason to punch" Starling.

Machismo with a gun. ACAB.

Warriors Fever

Juniors

skeepe

Immortal
It’s amazing, the thousand nights in bars I’ve had and I’ve never come close to getting punched by a copper. Either I frequent different bars or my beahviour has never got me into that position.
You use the word “frequent” to describe going to a pub. Which tells me you’ve never been to one in your life.
This thread has vibes of when the murderer's mum goes on TV to tell the world what a good boy he was and how he'd never hurt anyone

The magistrate said the cops assaulted him, not the other way around. So you can take your holier-than-thou pedestal and jam it up your arse.
The magistrate said the cops assaulted Starling. Sounds like you don’t know what the f**k you’re talking about.

Again, the keyboard hero rises from his mighty mount to defend the honour and integrity of a police force that has proven that they have neither. Shove your dumb f**king attitude where the sun don’t shine.

JUSTICE FOR TOM!

I hope he sues the corrupt bastards.

Maximus

Coach
Calm down ova there John Travolta